Courage To Change 03/27/14

Old 03-27-2014, 09:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change 03/27/14

I used to think that living meant surviving from crisis to crisis. I continued to function this way as an adult because it was the only way I knew.
Since that time, the Al-Anon fellowship has become like family to me. Our Twelve Traditions help me learn how a healthy family group functions. Today, when a problem involving other people arises, I turn to the Traditions for guidance.
They have made it possible for me to be part of a group that encourages my growth. They have led me to learn to detach, to respect other people's privacy, and to find some release from my need to dominate and control. Because of the Twelve Traditions, I have discovered that I am an important member of any group in which I take part. I have a sense of my own value, as well as my limitations. As a result, I am developing "the wisdom to know the difference" between what I can change and what I must accept.

Today's Reminder

Because the Traditions are based on spiritual principles, they often apply to personal matters as well as group concerns. When I get tangled up in problems with other people, the Traditions can offer guidance and perspective.

"The Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions embody principles that lead to recovery and personal growth, helping each of us to discover and become the person we want to be."

Al-Anon Spoken Here