Notices

Just checking in

Old 03-27-2014, 06:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just checking in

Hey all. I just didn’t want to completely fall off the face of the planet after getting so much help from everyone.
My stay was really, really short.

I knew I had a problem. I came here and spilled my guts. I committed to changing and then I did. And... then I guess I sort of disappeared. And all of this in only about 2 months!

I was just going to stay disappeared, too! Because I actually feel kind of bad... The quitting went so well for me. And I know it's hard for so many people... But so far, so good.

So, I'm thinking this will be my last thread.

Complete honesty, I still have a beer or two with friends on occasion. But that's it. No more sneaking. I don't even think about stopping at a store on the way home anymore. I've also been running and dieting. I've lost about 15 pounds. Could stand to lose another 35, truth be told!

Just wanted to come in here for a bit and say it's all good and there is an awesome light at the end of the tunnel. The only thing I have to hide anymore is why I've been so bright and active. "CB, something seems different" they say. And I just say "Oh this? Just livin' life!" When the truth is "Oh this? I changed my dangerous lifestyle and this is what was underneath the whole time." Even though that sounds good, my past is my secret. I'll keep it that way.

Anyway, if I hear the AV I'll be sure to come back. But it's been 100% silent for several weeks. So no one better harsh my buzz!!
Old 03-27-2014, 07:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by ConfessionBear View Post
Anyway, if I hear the AV I'll be sure to come back. But it's been 100% silent for several weeks. So no one better harsh my buzz!!
If you've been drinking, even a little, I'd say the AV is back and doing what it does best.

Glad things are going well for you. Hope they stay that way.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Even in the short time I was here, that response surprises me very little...
But I know you're heart’s in the right place. And that does make me feel good.
But to be honest... I think it's that sort of diagnosis or judgment or... I don’t know... prognostication (for lack of any better terms) that I'm shying away from. I think it would normally be appropriate. And as bad as my issue was, I know it was a temporary dependence. Take from that what you will.
But fighting really, really hard and then conquering such a massive demon, like most of you have? That’s insanely admirable. But I have to admit, I can't relate. That honor goes to you and so many others here who can do it. . . And HAVE done it. My demon simply wasn't as big. If it was, boy do I hope I'd have the same strength I've read that you have, Carl. And others in the same boat.
So… I’m not here saying I’ve beaten your demon. If I was trying to say that, then yes. Your response would make every bit of sense.
I’m here saying I’ve beaten mine. And mine was definitely smaller. Big bark. But clearly very little bite.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

The quitting is going so well for me but I still drink beer with my friends?

When I tried that method it worked well for a couple of months, but soon enough I was back to the destructive drinking. I didn't feel like my demons were as bad as some either, but now that I have a year and 8 months sober I can look back and see how much I gave up and what booze cost me.

I'm glad you're feeling like you're in a good place. Just remember it's progressive. Those demons may be yours down the line and I don't wish that for anyone.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I read back through your posts.
To solve 5 years of drinking problems in a few weeks is a brave call you're making.

I don't think that's a judgement call, either btw. I'm just cross referencing it against my own experience.
I've thought the same, more than once, and I was wrong.

I genuinely hope your outcome is different.

In the end, after all the advice, we all have to do whats right CB.
Best wishes to you and yeah, we'll always be here if you feel things are getting out of control.

D