Update

Old 03-26-2014, 11:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Arrow Update

Hi SR friends, long time no see!

Quick update //

My work project in the USA finished and I am still here, now as a tourist, wrapping things up.

I decided to quit the job entirely, too.

I know work life is complicated but my "managers" started to become abusive towards me. And its not the first time the "managers" have problems. Its not the first time they have problems with women, either. One had the guts to come to my place and tell me I had done a bad job all year (right, that is why 99% of the people I interacted with loved me!) without stating anything specific. (This company is from India and then they give work visas so unfortunately all kinds of abuses are common even if we are in the USA).

I almost laughed in his face. I told him that it was better to stop our business relationship. He did not expect it.

I mean, I am in IT. Someone somewhere will give me a job.

As if I didn't know what an awesome person and engineer I am!! I swear, I almost laughed....seriously. I know I was not looked at well, because I have many ideas and because I am smarter than the team lead. I made him look bad, and not because I wanted to... but someone had to answer to our client... it was a difficult position to be in. So glad its all over. Too bad it had to end that way.

Anyway -- I am grateful I got the support of my family. I will see my family soon in Europe. I will meet my second nephew! I will be there a few months. I will also see my dad. I feel a bit better about him. I have many friends whose parents are sick or dying or died recently and I know I really want to be with my parents and enjoy them while I can.

I also started being involved with an NGO as a volunteer, who protects women's access to justice in Mexico. My first idea was to start a change.org petition, for a case where a crime victim was put in jail unfairly (a really sad situation .. she killed one of the perpetrators in self-defense..a young girl of 19 ). Well the petition got to 70,000 signatures and became a major human rights issue in Mexico, there were street protests.. major activists followed the case... with my organization and others, the government had to pay attention to the case and the girl got free a couple of weeks ago.

I will see the NGO founder next week and we will be launching a human rights campaign. She wants my help. So now I will be promoting what I have learned in SR about abuse and recovery, in social networks and in Spanish.

It feels great to be valued for my ideas and for them to affect others positively. I feel much better in this kind of role. So I hope I eventually get another job in this NGO or another NGO or civil society organization. I might study a degree related to development. So yes, the Washington D.C. atmosphere definitely inspired me, lots of people genuinely interested in helping others and doing it every day.

I have gone to therapy and to many kinds of spiritual events and consultations. I know I still need treatment for disthymia(sp?) and will eventually need to take meds. But overall I feel stronger and much more aware of myself, my weaknesses and I also recognize my qualities now. I see more of who I am, first of all a RESILIENT woman, with amazing inner strength and even spiritual wisdom LOL.

I trust and follow my intuition now.

I might even start to write my memoir. I swear I got a lot to share. I like that idea because it gives me a VOICE after feeling invisible for so long. Maybe it helps someone. Especially someone youngish (20-30).

I met someone in NY not so much time ago. He was all about me and it felt different. Well after a while.... it has now caused some pain and confusion and I see my old abandonment wound opening. I made a promise to myself, never to be with anyone who does not make me feel welcome.

Now I know I deserve much more than that. People should be making efforts to get to see ME. Because I am f***** awesome. No more giving away power. I did that recently again but I got stronger almost immediately. There are great people out there, who are reliable and those are the ones who deserve my time, friendship and eventually heart.

No bad feelings either, now I am convinced people who hurt others are in pain, and don't know any better- and that does not mean I have to put up with them. I wish them good luck trying to find a woman like me! HA!

SR for everything I have learned here
Old 03-26-2014, 11:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

PS Ohh I also started painting!! something I ALWAYS wanted to do!! this is my first painting it even got shown in a small gallery in D.C!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
womanleopards.jpg (91.9 KB, 99 views)
Old 03-26-2014, 11:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

PPS I have not even finished it yet haha it takes a lot of time, for instance the neck needs some work
Old 03-27-2014, 03:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Very striking and powerful piece of art and your post! It made my early morning brighten. Jimmy Carter was on NPR yesterday about his call about world religions systematically suppressing women. I only heard a snippet but it might be up your alley. You have found a fulfilling path. Very inspiring! Congrats!
Old 03-27-2014, 05:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This painting is lovely!

Glad to hear from you.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!!

go YOU!
Old 03-27-2014, 05:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Pia

Gorgeous wow that is amazing
Old 03-27-2014, 07:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Inspiring, amazing and gorgeous. You and your artwork! Thank you so much for sharing with us.