Notices

Dreams of drinking / relapse...

Old 03-26-2014, 10:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dreams of drinking / relapse...

Hello all,

So, I have been sober for almost 3 years.
I have no urge to drink during the day / night anymore. (I am very lucky because of this and I hope that you who are reading & struggling will know that I / we have all been in your shoes.)
But, I was just curious and have a question to all of you long time sober folks.
Do you ever have dreams about drinking / relapsing?

I have been having more and more nightmares about me drinking in excess and I wake up just thanking my lucky stars it was all a dream.

Anywho, just wanted to ask you guys if this has happened to you, and if so, what do you interpret this as? I know that it might be right on the nose, but, just want your perspective.

Thanks!
Old 03-26-2014, 11:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Knat84 ,
Drinking dreams eh ?
I've had a few of them . I feel they serve as a bit of a reminder . It is always nice waking up afterwards and realising i don't have a hangover
It's been a couple of years since my last one though ,

Bestwishes, m
Old 03-26-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Knat84 View Post
Anywho, just wanted to ask you guys if this has happened to you, and if so, what do you interpret this as? I know that it might be right on the nose, but, just want your perspective.
I've got over three years sober and it's been months and months since I've had drinking dreams...until a week or so ago and I had two on consecutive nights. Weird. I always catch myself in my dream confused that I forgot that I quit drinking.

How do I interpret them...not as a sign of relapse or a weakness in my recovery. No, I've probably just been reading about too many relapses on Sober Recovery.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

They're scary as he**. In my dreams I am just putting the beer / wine/ liquor back like it's NOTHING.

When I wake up, I'm in a panic and am like "Where in the heck did that come from?! Whew."

Thanks for the reply, Mecanix!