Notices

Made hard choices and didn't drink today

Old 03-25-2014, 05:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Made hard choices and didn't drink today

I'm proud I made it staying sober today, but I am exhausted mentally & physically. I'm coming off of a 2 week mild bender, I broke up with my boyfriend of 3 years last night and also got an out of the blue message from my son's ex-gf saying he was ready to get clean (same story different month). Needless to say I didn't sleep much last night. Since my mind was altered with alcohol I didn't process anything properly until I woke up around 2 and couldn't sleep because at that point I was sobering up and began thinking about it all. I know the decisions I made last night while tossing & turning are the right decisions. It will be very hard, but it's time for me to get well and have healthy relationships. I will desperately miss talking and texting my ex-bf every day because I do love him dearly. He was the last person I had in my life that I could actually talk to. Even though he has his own alcohol issues, he was very supportive of me quitting and was supportive in general.

So tonight after work, I took the dog to the dog park to play even though I was tired. Forced myself to drive past the liquor stores to come home to my alcohol free home (I poured everything out this morning before work) to cook dinner. Now I'm watching tv until bed, which will be very early tonight.

I'm sure some will remember me saying Sunday that it was my "day one again for the last time"...obviously that didn't last because I drank Sunday night for stupid reasons. The AV can be quite persuasive. Today is a definite first day.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back and congratulations on day one Sinderos

Do you have any idea on a plan to help you stay sober yet?

D
Old 03-25-2014, 05:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Sinderos, well done, one day at a time is all it takes
Old 03-25-2014, 05:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm considering joining a yoga group, going to check out some Celebrate Recovery groups, begin an exercise program, take my dog to the park more often, begin a self study class for my work, and stay busy. I also might venture to AA on occasion.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope this will be your successful attempt.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Sinderos. You sound ready to do this. It's so great to be free of it.