Notices

SO SO over this!!!

Old 03-24-2014, 05:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

SO SO over this!!!

Hi everyone, haven't visited SR for months when I last had a week off the wine. Have been drinking more than ever before (lots every night) over the last few months....life is horrible and unmanageable, hate myself and my life and really need/want to stop drinking, but have tried so many times that I am seriously doubtful that I will ever be able to stop! Need lots of help please!!!
Old 03-24-2014, 06:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

It was always hardest for the first two or three days. I used to suffer and hangovers and a type of paranoid depression that I called the fear. Just try and look past that and aim for the better days to come. Have you any types of support in place? xxxx
Old 03-24-2014, 06:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You can do it..
Do whatever you can to stop.
Go to whatever help is offered in your area.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I feel your pain. I'll go for a sober stretch then that old AV starts telling me I can moderate. I drank last night again and am really angry at myself but I know that today is a new day so I'll pick myself up and make sobriety my #1 priority and do whatever it takes. I will not let this addiction win! So MINUSERO hang in there with me. We can do this!
Old 03-24-2014, 07:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Recovering

Hey there MINUSERO

Don't give up hope. Lots of drank for years before we succeeded at giving up.

Can you commit to a week and use that week to take stock of where you are (and you just need to accept that; don't fight it) and where you are going to head from where you are.

Michael
Old 03-24-2014, 05:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey! If I can do it you most certainly can, too. I remember that feeling of hating myself and my life. It can be better, SO MUCH BETTER. Try again and hang in there and come here lots. YOU CAN DO IT.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back MINUSERO

what things have you tried to stay sober in the past?

D
Old 03-24-2014, 06:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad you're back giving it another go. I hope you succeed this time. Use the support here to help you thru the early rough spots. Do you have support in real life?
Old 03-24-2014, 07:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I find that every time I'm about to drink I try to remember how it felt waking up feeling like crap. I even write my sober self notes dated from hungover Past-Brendon. It doesn't always work, but sometimes your hungover self makes the best arguments.

Don't give in our disparage your self, just let this frustration turn into something productive.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Welcome back Minusero. :-)
Old 03-25-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am glad you came back, MINUSERO. I hope you will stay close to SR and let us know how things are going for you. Good luck.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

welcome... Dee already beat me to the punch on the question but I'll echo it;

what have you tried?

and I'll add;

are you willing to do whatever it takes?
Old 03-25-2014, 10:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I am trying to stop the cycle of drinking again myself. But I know that having a positive mindset, and really wanting and knowing that you can stop is very important. Its the staying sober part that I seem to have problems with. You Can do this!
Old 03-25-2014, 11:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome back, minusero. I am sorry to learn that your life is horrible and miserable.

I echo the others; what have you tried to get sober; are you still drinking?
Old 03-25-2014, 02:23 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you doing today Minusero

D
Old 03-25-2014, 02:34 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I guarantee you that life is a LOT more unmanageable with booze or drugs. I for one can tell you that my life as an executive was so overwhelming that I began to have panic attacks just thinking about tasks the next day or even at hand. This pushed me to drink more and more than I ever thought I could even live through. The insidious process of becoming what you see in the mirror is the dangerous thing because you "wake up" and believe this happened overnight. Now you believe there is an overnight solution when the truth is that it took you years and years to get to this point and its gonna take some hard work to get your life back.

The good news is that with every urge to drink that you recognize and still abstain you then become stronger. I have the urge to drink almost daily but I don't. I look back at my checklist of reasons I wanted to quit in the first place and remind myself that the night of drinking or drugging isn't worth it. Once you get there it will become easier each time. I may fall down but it's the tools that I've learned along the way that will help me get back on track.

Please feel free to message me next time you have the urge or call someone you can confide in and talk through it before you just leap. You can do this!!!
Old 03-25-2014, 02:47 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Minusero - I want to welcome you back too. I'm sorry things spun out of control again - you sound determined to get your sobriety back. Please keep posting and never give up reaching for a better life. You can do this.