Notices

New here...using over 500mg oxy daily

Old 03-23-2014, 12:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here...using over 500mg oxy daily

I'm trying to taper down and find a way to get off this evil drug. It's taken my family from me and ruined my life. I need some help with taper plans at this level. Also, when I got down to almost half before my back really hurt. I had disc surgery in 2003 and I'm worried about coping with that pain when I get lower. Can someone plz help me with what I need to taper (vitamins, etc) I've seen the Thomas Recipe but don't know what to believe. I also just need a friend who understands this and can help.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Do you have anyone who can help you taper by rationing your oxy for you? Some people find that they don't have the discipline to consistently manage a taper on their own, and that they have better odds of success if a friend or family member "rations" them their oxy as per an agreed schedule.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

The best person to talk to is the dr who prescribes the medication and he should be able to give you a plan for stopping. I'm glad you're here.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So here's where Im at....I was running low on my RX and forced to taper since Sunday 6/22. I went from 540mg a day down to 210mg a day since Sunday. It's been a nightmare!!!! My old schedule looked like this:

8am 3 x 30mg
12pm 3 x 30mg
4pm 3 x 30mg
8pm. 3 x 30mg
12am. 3 x 30mg
4am. 3 x 30mg

Right now I'm on this wicked taper

8am. 3 x 15mg
12pm 3 x 15mg
4pm. 3 x 15mg
8pm. 3 x 15mg
12am 3 x 15mg

It has been so hard but I'm on my 4th day of it. I have no energy and I need a taper plan to go the rest of the way. I also need to know if I should bring Suboxene into it or any other meds???I basically need a plan on what to take from meds to vitamins to OTC items to whatever will help with the WD's. I've been crying everyday for any reason and Im worried about back pain when it gets lower. My history was disc surgery in 2003 and I've been hooked over 11 years. I've managed to run a company as a VP for the last 10 years but now the meds have destroyed my marriage and I have the stress of looking for work also. I'm now living alone separated and could use some support. Thank you so much in advance.

TJ
Old 06-25-2014, 10:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

We can't give you medical advice here Trey.
Have you considered seeing a Dr with an addiction background for help and advice?

D
Old 06-26-2014, 04:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!! You'll find loads of support here at SR!!