Trying to stay strong...weekends are harder

Old 03-22-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying to stay strong...weekends are harder

My AH wants to come see the kids. I told him no because the last four times he's been mean and upset everyone. I also don't think I should have to leave every Saturday and Sunday. I offered to bring them to him. I offered that he could come here tomorrow and I'd go to work. I don't think this is unreasonable. He says as long as his name is on title he will come here.
I said I didn't think it was a good idea to go that route. Im trying to be reasonable and if he can't then we will need to work this out another way. So then He promises to be good while here. I tell him his words mean nothing to me his actions do. His actions have already shown me it's not a good idea.
This is all by text. It's exhausting. I feel my anxiety level shooting up.
I'm done responding to him now, going to ignore anymore this morning.
Last night he wasn't working but didn't tell us and didn't ask to see them. It's all about what's convenient for him.
Thank goodness I have an appt. With a lawyer Monday. I really need to know my options. I saw my counselor yesterday which was helpful.
I really just want this to be done, like a formal separation. I don't know if he will agree to anything though. I also want this financial mess he has us in to be resolved but of course he is doing nothing to assist with it.
Thanks for "listening." I don't want him to ruin my day.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

good luck Chelsea, try to keep your anxiety in check. I struggle but yoga and breathing help! Great that he's out of the house, but I can relate with the rest. if you aren't already, text to him as statement 'we will be home 10-Noon if you want to visit, otherwise another day' so that there is really no reason to need his reply.
For me the formal process has been long and painful, although I do feel like I've pushed through the worst. You can and should have a great weekend!
Old 03-22-2014, 07:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry, Chelsea. I have no advice. Just wanted to say that I don't think you're being unreasonable at all! He has a new home, there's no reason he can't visit his children in that home. I'm glad you have an appt with a lawyer on Monday!

Hang in there!