Meth - Please help

Old 03-21-2014, 10:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Meth - Please help

I have posted in here before about my ex, mostly in how his addiction affects his parenting of our son.

I have been gone for almost a year now. I left because he didn't pay the mortgage and was constantly deceptive about everything.

6 months ago he let his friend move into his garage. His friend is very unstable, his drug problems are so bad he hasn't held a job in years. He had just gotten out of jail for dealing when he moved in with my ex. At that point I no longer let our son go to his house for visitation.

A few days ago, I got a text from a friend. She had contacted me a few weeks before telling me she "walked in on some ****" and that the roommate was acting paranoid and crazy. Now she was telling me that they were making meth and had an "accident".

I am scared. I don't know what to expect now. He came over today to visit our son. He was calm, cool, slightly wired. For the first time in months he didn't fall asleep, and he didn't twitch at all. Normally he acts awkward and jumpy and avoids looking me in the eye. Not today. Today he had no problem.

Are these signs of early meth use? I am not sure what to expect. I know his roommate went nuts. (Thinks my ex is trying to kill him)

Law enforcement is aware of this and the origin of the meth. (They just busted someone related to this.)

I honestly thought this might have been his bottom. Its not. He thinks I am overreacting. Like everyones roommate cooks meth in close proximity to their children and neighbors.

I love him. And I love his kids (not shared). I am terrified for all three of them.

Does anyone know how I should approach this with regard to his relationship with my son? (Visits are currently supervised by me in my home, and he skypes every other day or so)

When I confronted him about the meth he told me he wanted me dead. (He has never been violent in any way toward me) He was cold and disrespectful during most of the visit. (Toward me, not our son)

My intuition is telling that something is way off. I know nothing of meth and it's effects. And I haven't heard about it being around here. (Roommate is from a part of the country where meth use is rampant) We have a heroin epidemic, but from what I have heard meth is worse. I am scared. I don't know what to expect. (BTW his DOC was vicodin)
Old 03-22-2014, 02:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

>>>>>My intuition is telling that something is way off<<<<<<<

Your intuition is dead on.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was frightened just reading your post. Thank God you are not allowing your child to go to his home. I'm not sure I would even let him come to your home to be around you and your child there, especially after he told you he wanted you dead. I've read some pretty scary stories about meth users on this sight. I'm sure other members here can share their experiences here with you.

Just because he's never been violent with you in the past doesn't mean he won't be in the future while he's on a binge or coming off of a binge. Please protect yourself. I never thought my ex would have done the things that he did either.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i think one thing i have to "relearn" is to trust MYSELF and my gut instinct and intuition. They train us to believe that our instincts are wrong, and after a while, you lose trust in that core belief system that holds us all together .. well, i did anyway. It's that loss that is making me now think im going crazy when my instinct says ONE thing and HE says another, which one to trust?!?
In your situation.. i would say, if you have managed to build yourself up this far, managed to make your son and yourself safe, it's also time to take that leap of faith in YOURSELF and trust your instincts.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

A meth cook here blew up his home recently, small child was killed. He lived. I dont say this to scare you but to let you know its real, it happens, and to protect your child.

XXX
Old 03-22-2014, 10:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank goodness that contact is supervised in your home.

If you think that you need to take additional action then do so. Something is wrong...your gut tells you!
Old 03-22-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Intuition first. Safer than sorry. There are ways to do things anonymously. I would not be confiding in him anymore about anything you here.

Trying to get in between an addict and his drugs is not where I would want to be.

Protect your child. Do what you know you should do. Protect society and yourself and your child.