Notices

Just a thought

Old 03-21-2014, 02:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just a thought

I'm really glad I have found this site. I keep finding myself coming back to it when I'm not exactly sure how I'm feeling or what to do.. I'm over 5 weeks in sober right now.. I feel fine, and have zero want for alcohol. Still smoking the weed....just can't stop it, which is why I'm back here right now, just to vent a little and hopefully really soon I'll be putting this behind me as well.

I know I don't post much but I've been reading a lot. Congrats to all who are staying sober. This is a tough ride...I've been trying for many years and this is the furthest I've come.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on five weeks sober!
Old 03-21-2014, 02:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back Krete and congrats on 5 weeks sober. This site has been a great source of support for me. Maybe look at joining one of the monthly classes,I would recommend it
Old 03-21-2014, 03:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Krete. I'm very glad to hear you have 5 wks. Hope you'll accomplish your goal of giving up the other stuff too. We know you can do it.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by krete77 View Post
I'm really glad I have found this site. I keep finding myself coming back to it when I'm not exactly sure how I'm feeling or what to do.. I'm over 5 weeks in sober right now.. I feel fine, and have zero want for alcohol. Still smoking the weed....just can't stop it, which is why I'm back here right now, just to vent a little and hopefully really soon I'll be putting this behind me as well.

I know I don't post much but I've been reading a lot. Congrats to all who are staying sober. This is a tough ride...I've been trying for many years and this is the furthest I've come.
Well sorry to say that sober time, is off all alcohol and drugs. Cant be walking around with different sobriety dates. A drug is a drug is a drug, and alcohol is definately a drug my friend. I dont mean to be hard on ya, but we cant be fooling ourselves with this disease. Its a good start, just need to get off the weed now and start counting again if thats your thing. People love to count, know one guy, has an "app" on his cell counting away the days of his sobriety, think hes at 14'ish years. Anyway, I have heard and know people that say right out loud that they have multiple sobriety dates. It didnt make sense to me when I was new, and its crazy to me now. But we all have to learn in someway or another. I never really got into the drugs, but if you want to check out AA and the 12 steps it has helped many people. And the founding fathers of AA have had problems with drugs. Called sedatives. On a humorous note, for anyone still reading my ramblings, page one of AA's basic text distictevly talks about "pot". *wink*

So I would just like to emphasize that 5 weeks is a great start my friend. Perhaps you want to try to get off the weed. It would seem to me, that alcohol is the harder one to kick.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Krete

I think we've had this conversation before but I used pot in the same way I used alcohol - it was the same escape, the obsessiveness, the same lowering of inhibitions and letting bad ideas seem great....in that way pot always led me back to drink.

You're five weeks off booze that's great - you're halfway free - why not go the whole way?

D
Old 03-21-2014, 09:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

It's great you're 5 months sober, and you're finding a plan that works better than anything you've tried. After I was sober for 8 months I quit smoking (cigs). The discipline it took to quit drinking made it fairly easy (go figure). I found it much harder to quit drinking, and would have thought it would have been the other way around.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

What an accomplishment!! Keep it up
Old 03-21-2014, 09:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Hi Krete! I've seen your posts before and have been wondering if I should say hi. I don't normally post on threads regarding alcohol because it's not something I can add to with my own experience. Weed is my battle and my lifelong experience though, so if you want to talk about that, I'm here.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

COngrats on 5 weeks. I have talked to a number of people who quit their substances one at a time rather than all at once, including me.

THis is a good place to be :-)
Old 03-21-2014, 10:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey guys/gals;

I've read all your replies..bout to head to bed now, I'll reply in the morning. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who offered input/support/advice. Means quite a bit actually..