Notices

Rough Day...

Old 03-20-2014, 07:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rough Day...

Work has been very difficult. Personal life... Wife on road, 6 weeks out of the last 7. Makes it easy to make poor choices. Same problems as everyone else. Family, Work, $... blah blah blah. It overwhelmed me tonight.

Came home from work. Changed into casual clothes. Prepped for going out and making bad decisions. Took dogs out and let them play and swim. Came home and looked at some things coming up in the future and felt overwhelmed.

Was so ready to leave the house and drink and calm my nerves, forget the bad stuff for a while. I know I can deal better the longer I stay clear but that AV is coaxing. There is beer and wine here but it does not beckon like the thought of going out and having fun.

Stayed in and barely signed up for another 24.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You did the right thing!!
Old 03-20-2014, 07:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you had second thoughts justadude.

Maybe you need to think about other, safe ways to have fun?
Do you have any hobbies, any interests, play any sports?

D
Old 03-20-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Closing the gates of Oblivion

Glad to hear that you were able to avoid the trap of the AV Justadude. This month has been full of stressors for me and I keep having to tell myself that staying home is much safer right now.

It's gotta be tough to not have your wife there to support you but hopefully you are in contact regularly. Keep on making those good decisions for yourself. Good that you are in for another 24 hours, that's the way to do it!!

And hello from a fellow Oklahoman!
Old 03-20-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Stay strong, you made the right choice.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank You Everyone.
Dee74, you are so right. I'm 43 and so much of my social life and even identity revolved around Alcohol. People would tell each other. "Oh, you are a Single Malt drinker, Oh... You gotta talk to..."

Going to need some other hobbies. I love to dance while partying. Maybe it is time for some formal lessons or something. Start something I have been interested in for a long time. Take a class maybe.

I am on call from Friday - Monday. As a functional Alcoholic, I would drink little or not at all. Should make it easier to get through the next 72hrs alcohol free. Here we go.

Thank you all for listening and your support!
Old 03-20-2014, 08:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

You did a great job shutting that voice down!

Are you going to be okay having wine and beer in the house or do you think you need to get rid of it?
Old 03-20-2014, 08:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gakx View Post
Glad to hear that you were able to avoid the trap of the AV Justadude. This month has been full of stressors for me and I keep having to tell myself that staying home is much safer right now.

It's gotta be tough to not have your wife there to support you but hopefully you are in contact regularly. Keep on making those good decisions for yourself. Good that you are in for another 24 hours, that's the way to do it!!

And hello from a fellow Oklahoman!
Helllo Gakx!

I was almost "OkieDude" but in wasn't born here!