Some thoughts on my progress...

Old 03-20-2014, 06:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Some thoughts on my progress...

Although I feel like I've been on an emotional roller coaster and it gets discouraging when I get sucked in to AH's nonsense, I had a pleasant thought tonight.
One of the things that has been helpful for me to read on this board is to pay attention to actions not words. So I started thinking about this in relation to myself (not just AH). I was feeling down and thinking I was going backwards...but when I think about my actions since he left, this is what I've discovered:
I sleep at night.
I wake up happy to get up.
I don't mind cooking or cleaning anymore. I don't even mind bringing the garbage can to and from the road.
I love having the kids' friends over now.
I play games more with my kids.
I smile and laugh more.

So I don't need to listen to the negative self talk in my head when it comes up, my actions remind me I am doing better.
Hope this makes some sense!
Old 03-20-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

"Hope this makes some sense!"

Yes it does!

Thank you for sharing it.
Your home sounds like a happy place for you and your kids.
That action speaks pretty loud to me
Old 03-21-2014, 04:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Chelsea, so glad to hear about your progress! That "watch the actions, not the words" thing is SO important, isn't it? I used to get all bogged down in the swamp of "but so-and-so SAID..." which so often did not match up w/what so-and-so actually DID, whether it was my A or a friend or co-worker. It's so much simpler when you can eliminate "but so-and-so SAID" and only go by what they DID.

And what a revelation to apply that to yourself in terms of deciding whether you're making progress! I think you're a pretty smart cookie, Chelsea.

Wishing you strength and clarity.