Notices

Starting today!

Old 03-20-2014, 02:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Starting today!

Hello, i wake up and said to myself that this is enough... im 19 years old addicted from weed. i started when i was 12 but than i smoked few times per month... now i cant even remember last time i didnt smoke. but for like 4 years im a daily weed smoker. at first weed made me think so different. i started to look on things the other way. id say that this is the positive thing but i allready learnd from weed all the things so there is nothing more than just smoking. why i want to quit? i see my lack of motivation... im really lazy and i did not admit it to myself. 50% of my money income goes into weed and thats really bad. the only thing im not sure about is if should i quit entirely or should i smoke in moderation. as moderation i think like 1 time per month wont be a big deal. but im scared that this 1 time per month will pull me back. the other thing is that all my friends are pot smokers. no not all but lets say 90% of those who i hang with. i dont know how this will affect me but im saying to myself that i want to quit...so what i want to know now is what you say about none at all or in moderation???

20.3.2014 is the date i stopped smoking weed!
Old 03-20-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi str3nghtz

I dunno about you but I could never do any in moderation - especially pot.

I don't want to freak you out, but I have to be straight with you.

If you're troubled enough by your smoking to sign up here, I think the once a month boat has sailed, str3nghtz.

All my friends were smokers too.
If you want to stop bad enough, you'll make new friends.

My life has changed completely, but I don't miss the old days.
I got my life back, y'know?

D

Last edited by Dee74; 03-20-2014 at 05:18 AM.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Smoking that much weed is never a good thing. I smoked weed in high school and college, and dabbled in other things. Looking back, it really held me back from trying new things, and following my dreams, because like you said, it takes away your motivation and dulls your thinking. after college I gave up weed, but by my mid 30's was starting to drink alcohol to try and recapture some of those feelings. Unfortunately alcohol is addictive to many people, and by 40 I was drinking to excess on a regular basis, and by 50 was completely hooked, drinking on weeknights, going to work hung over, laying around recovering on weekends. I actually went through withdrawals when I quit, which took several attempts. So, my advice is quit now, get your life back on track, and do great things. It's not easy, but it will be worth it. Post back and let us know how you're doing!
Old 03-20-2014, 05:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey friend. I think you're on the right track. Maybe you can do moderation. Maybe you can't. Probably neither one is going to be good for you in the long run, and if it's the latter then you could wind up with a real mess to clean up. I be used pot plenty (daily at times, like whenever I had it)
and it was never a good thing for me. If I could go back to your age and do it again without , I totally would. But that's me. Stick around, there are lots of good people here.

Ben
Old 03-20-2014, 07:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thank you all for nice comments and your support. i really appreciate this. for now i will just stick to NO POT at all...will post how things are going one big thing is also that now i will save like 50€ a week. I want also to make new hobbies so i exchange them with weed hobbie...
Old 03-20-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

sounds like a good plan. good luck.

i think weed is much harder to quit psychologically compared to some harder substances. with alcohol i can get to point where my body will simply reject it (not that i recommend getting to that point)... with weed, because there's little harm or side-effects, it's just so easy to slip. just try not to smoke today. tomorrow will be tomorrow.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

ye with weed is all in the head. its not even about that high you feel for me... more about the feeling of smoke, the taste, that feeling of freedom when u have nothing to do other than smoke... soon will be first 24 hours not to smoke it