Notices

Beer infused ice cream

Old 03-19-2014, 07:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Beer infused ice cream

I had a spoon of it at my company st.patty's day celebration. I was curious and had a taste. I didnt taste any alcohol. I dont want to try it again ( I actually dont like ice cream that much lol). Im feeling strong in my decision not to drink ever again. I just felt like I needed to tell everyone this I guess...
Old 03-19-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Was it at least green beer? I don't think a taste of beer ice cream is breaking your sobriety.

But my stomach turns thinking about it. Beer ice cream? Yuck!
Old 03-19-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RaleighSoxFan

I think u r ok. I'd be curious 2. I don't believe u did it to be intoxicated haha. Im also interested in the process. They may have reduced the beer for flavor (cooked) reducing Alcohol content. I think u are ok. Wouldnt judge if someone ate a rum ball for dessert.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tornrealization View Post
Was it at least green beer? I don't think a taste of beer ice cream is breaking your sobriety.

But my stomach turns thinking about it. Beer ice cream? Yuck!
Im not even sure. They were handing it out and said it was beer infused so I was like what?! That sounds weird but I didnt taste the beer. Pretty much tasted like ice cream with coffee or something... Maybe because I just had one bite but I ate it out of curiosity than wanting to get wasted off of beer ice cream...

I personally dont think I broke my sobriety either and I have no thoughts of trying it again
Old 03-19-2014, 07:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by youngLadySober View Post
I had a spoon of it at my company st.patty's day celebration. I was curious and had a taste. I didnt taste any alcohol. I dont want to try it again ( I actually dont like ice cream that much lol). Im feeling strong in my decision not to drink ever again. I just felt like I needed to tell everyone this I guess...
I guess the question comes down to, did you know there was beer in there before you tasted it? if so perhaps its time to look at why you did it. Its exactly the same as something like eating a cupcake with marjuana in it. Its still there, its not there because you cant taste it.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sounds like a waste of perfectly good ice cream to me....
Old 03-19-2014, 08:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Honestly just curosity...nothing more. I knew there was some in there but my intention wasnt to get drunk to try this out and maybe I can drink again. Plus you cant eat a cupcake without ice cream...
Old 03-19-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Sounds freaking disgusting to me.. yuck
Old 03-19-2014, 08:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sounds like a perfectly good waste of beer to me.

Why would someone who does not like ice-cream try ice-cream made with beer in the first place? Hmmmmmmm????
Was it curiosity or was it, as Homer Simpson says, "Beeeeeeeerrr!"

Rum balls, depending how they're made do contain a percentage of alcohol.

When I lived in so cal years ago I used to make the best milk shakes. After a couple I would pass out on the couch. In hindsight I suppose they were the worst milkshakes.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I totally understand being curious. But, I found that I had to get rid of some mudslide flavored k-cups because it reminded me of a drink... And I've never even HAD a mudslide, lol. It's good that you came on here and posted about it. Even if the mother hen finger wagging seems unnecessary it's stuff like that which makes this community so great and keeps you on your toes from that nasty little AV monster from winning.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

So you can handle alcohol if you drink it out of curiosity rather than an intent to be drunk?

You were luck that there was less beer than expected...but what if there was more beer than you expected? Do you really think that tasting it out of curiosity rather than a desire to get drunk is going to protect you?
Old 03-20-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

For reasons of drunkenness I once had a beer 'spider' (beer with ice cream on top).
It wasn't good.

I'd leave the beer infused ice cream alone...if not for recovery, on bounds of taste.

D