Notices

Dark places

Old 03-19-2014, 03:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dark places

On the way to the meeting I realise more than anything that if I keep this up I'm just not going to be around to see my kids grow up. Drinking harms my spirit and leads to dark thoughts more than ever now. Reading all my posts from over a year ago I can see the difference when drinking and being sober. Yes it was hard but not as hard as this.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Are you drinking now?
Old 03-19-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Remember back tho Liss - when you were sober - I'm sure it was easier...
the hard part is getting sober and staying that way, but you have a lot of support.

do you have a plan?

D
Old 03-19-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

No I'm not . Never in the morning x
Old 03-19-2014, 04:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had a really bad drinking and drugging problem years ago. I never had children. I thank my higher power that I didn't in a way, because I was a child myself back then. When I got drunk I was in the worst places imaginable, with horrible thoughts about possibly ending it all. I do not miss those days.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Yes, drinking takes us to some awful places. I still remember how horrible I always felt when drinking. I will never go there again!
Old 03-19-2014, 04:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Remember back tho Liss - when you were sober - I'm sure it was easier... the hard part is getting sober and staying that way, but you have a lot of support. do you have a plan? D
Well I'm doing meetings and as you said I have all the support here and I'm so grateful. Everyone has been there for me . My plan is don't pick up the first drink. Lots of beach walks start going to afternoon meetings ring people lots of reading and start feeling the pain when it comes up instead of drowning it . And if I still struggle which I will look at my children and they helped me last time stay sober because I want them to grow up with a mother and if that still doesn't work I will go to rehab. I have the support of my husband going to rehab so that's good.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by liss74 View Post
Well I'm doing meetings and as you said I have all the support here and I'm so grateful. Everyone has been there for me . My plan is don't pick up the first drink. Lots of beach walks start going to afternoon meetings ring people lots of reading and start feeling the pain when it comes up instead of drowning it . And if I still struggle which I will look at my children and they helped me last time stay sober because I want them to grow up with a mother and if that still doesn't work I will go to rehab. I have the support of my husband going to rehab so that's good.
I think as long as you can remember not to pick up the first drink, and come to us or other support when you have problems, then you'll be in a good position to get some sober time up Liss

D
Old 03-19-2014, 04:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hello Liss

Not sure I understand when you were asked if drinking. Not in the morning?
Question: Have you had at least one drink in the past 24 hours?

It is good your family supports. And if you feel the need I would definitely go to a rehab. If anything, it prevents you from drinking - it's a safe environment. It will also give you an opportunity to 'reset' and have a chance to start fresh.

You are trying, but maybe some stronger help is what you need.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
AA member

Sorry you are struggling liss.You know it is the first drink that does the damage,you have to stay away from it.

Throw the towel in and accept your Alcoholism,the longer you continue on this downward path the more difficult it will get,that is guaranteed.

If you have some ladies phone numbers from the meetings,call them before you pick up a drink.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi liss, that sounds like a good plan love.

I hope today is better for you. ♥

Many hugs,

V xx
Old 03-20-2014, 05:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thinking of you liss ~ sending love.

V xx
Old 03-21-2014, 12:20 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by liss74 View Post
Hey beach walks are awesome nothing better than getting out and getting some lovely fresh air in you!

You can do this Liss, we are all rooting for you