Notices

Its a beautiful day outside

Old 03-19-2014, 01:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Its a beautiful day outside

I am still sober SR peeps. I have been through one hell of a ride lately, and I am finally coming back to planet Earth (as of last night). I went back to my doctor and explained in detail my situation, the situation I am dealing with, and everything about why I am at the doctor. Dealing with a family members illness is hard and I was completely overwhelmed by the situation. The light sedative prescribed is used only in times of complete dysfunction, and I was very quick to tell my doctor of my recovery from alcoholism. Being the good doctor that he is, he told me that I need to be monitored closely and will go back to him in 2 weeks for a checkup. He says that my recovery is very important and so he does not want to ignite the fire in my brain that says I can drink. I dont want to drink. I do understand that this is a slippery slope. I assure you all that he is guiding me in the right direction. I have been honest and accountability is the name of this game. He has suggested that I check into counseling and get a professionals help with grief and traumatic situations. So, I made the phone calls this morning to find a professional that deals with this sort of stuff. I think I am doing all the right things. If you have any suggestions, I am open to them for sure. We need to have Mizzuno back to being Mizzuno.

Tomorrow, I am going to spend the day with my sister, husband, and mother in law. We will be going to the SPCA to see about adopting a dog for my sister. Sounds good.

Today, I will be making a colage of sorts for my sister. I am not much of an artist but I thought she could use some of my art on her wall. We will see how that goes.

Keep on walking forward is something that I believe to be true. It is also okay to stop and take a break for a spell because sometimes life can throw the biggest piles of **** at you. So, I am sitting down for awhile and breathing. I need a break. The good news is that the river of emotions has subsided and I am coming into a place of acceptance. I am blessed to have the support that I have in my life. I am loved and well cared for. Thank you all for being here.

Thank you for reading this if you made it this far!
Old 03-19-2014, 01:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm glad to see you're feeling better, Mizz! Take care of yourself. You're no good to anyone if you're not good to yourself.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Love me some Mizz.

To quote the beautiful Carol "Forward we go, side by side".

XO AO
Old 03-19-2014, 02:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Continued best wishes for your family Miz - and remember to take care of you in all this too

D
Old 03-19-2014, 03:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Continued best wishes for your family Miz - and remember to take care of you in all this too

D
Yes, the taking care of me part involves sitting out in the sunshine today. Im placing emphasis on not thinking about much. This actually feels relaxing and is allowing me to appreciate the little things......like the insane amount of bees in the tree next to me. They are fascinating.