Notices

Sinking

Old 03-19-2014, 02:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sinking

Deeper and deeper . Stranded all day car broke down story goes on so me who can't deal just sculls two wines then buys more. Going to bed soon. The pain inside is worse than ever.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Liss dont beat yourself up, today is a new day, dust yourself off and start again x
Old 03-19-2014, 02:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope you decide to do something different soon Liss.

D
Old 03-19-2014, 03:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You can't keep going like this. Sooner or later it's going to catch up to you. I hope you can stop drinking as a way of dealing with pain. Drinking only adds to the pain - I know that only too well.

Start again tomorrow Liss.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

liss, if you really want to quit drinking you're going to have to find a way to make that decision unconditional. As hard as things are or no matter how bad they seem drinking is never the solution. In fact, we can make a mountain out of a molehill if it's a reason to drink. I'm not saying that any of your problems are molehills but they won't be solved by drinking. They're only made worse.

How badly do you really want this?

I'm sorry that you're in pain. I hope that you can give yourself a chance to really do this. The feeling of getting through a hardship without alcohol can be really rewarding. It takes a few times doing it to see that things sometimes aren't really as bad as they initially appeared to be, they were just that bad because it created a reason to drink.

You can do this, but it has to be a decision that comes with no acceptance of any reason that will allow you to drink and you have to want it.

Whatever you're doing right now to stay sober doesn't appear to be working, perhaps a different plan?
Old 03-19-2014, 03:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's a vicious circle, Liss. You drink to dull the pain but drinking is causing pain.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I got to the end of my drinking days with one final round of relapse.

It was literally like pounding my head against the wall every time I picked up.

In fact, I did pound my head against the wall until husband stopped me.

I knew something had to change and finally gave up the notion that alcohol
could help me feel better about anything anymore.

Comes a time for those of us with a problem, when we are truly honest,
when we can see it no longer helps us feel better or even numbs the pain.
It just twists the knife.

You may need to call in the troops Liss--outpatient or inpatient to get a start here.
Do whatever you have to to get some real sober time and that will give you a chance
to catch your breath and see things clearly.

Life is so much better on this side, but you have to get yourself there by doing something else.

We're with you.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by liss74 View Post
Deeper and deeper . Stranded all day car broke down story goes on so me who can't deal just sculls two wines then buys more. Going to bed soon. The pain inside is worse than ever.

Liss im sorry if I sound harsh but the pain inside is worse than ever because you are drinking!!

There HAS TO BE a different way to deal with this pain you feel inside, just remember when there was a time when you was not drinking and how wonderful you felt without it! you CAN get that back!

booze will NOT make it better, THAT is why you are sinking and sinking.

Post here all day and every day if you have to, do whatever it takes to not pick up and you will get back to where you was before
Old 03-19-2014, 05:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I hear you hun ~ you feel completely stuck at this point.
Just like the broken-down car. But you're not. You can get this engine running love.
But it's going to take a bit of work. And you need to know that this is still fixable.

IT IS!!!!! ♥♥

Please don't give up. Please reach out. You have people who love you. People to call who are in your corner. Let us help you.

Venus xx
Old 03-19-2014, 09:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Liss - seems you need to address the pain but you can't effectively do that while drinking. A detox center may be in order so you can start thinking clearly; many people here at SR found IOP or in patient therapy a lifesaver. It really sounds as though you have come to the point where you need to pull out all the stops. Go for it, liss; I am rooting for you.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Drinking will only mean you going even more deeper and deeper into despair and pain.
The only way out of this is to stop drinking and do whatever you need to do to do that. you have to really want to stop drinking more than you want to continue drinking and do anything in order to do that.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:52 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Why don't you sink into the arms of the people here who love and care, and struggle and overcome, that are brave and sometimes sad, that will never give up on themselves or you Liss......