Notices

Crazy

Old 03-18-2014, 08:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Crazy

My husband is driving me crazy; I'm trying so hard to stay sober; he's in such denial, paranoid and thinking everyone is out to get him; it's all I can do not to snap. I've prayed for him for our marriage, but everything I see says I need out; I just don't know how!
Old 03-19-2014, 04:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry mygrl - that sounds rough.

I have no advice but I know you'll find support here and in our Friends and Family forums too.

D
Old 03-19-2014, 04:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in there mygrl.
Your sobriety is more important than his craziness.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Take care of YOURSELF right now. You will be a better example to him in your sobriety.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FortWorthsober View Post
Take care of YOURSELF right now. You will be a better example to him in your sobriety.
Amen.

You have control over your mind. Not outside events. Realize this, and you will gain strength.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi mygirl. I know when I first got sober I was pretty charged, and I noticed a lot of other people at the facility I was at seemed to be going through a similar phases. Everything was magnified. Coming home from rehab and just being in the airport I thought my head might explode.

Alcohol is a major depressant and our nervous systems go haywire for a while.

I am not advocating that your husband isn't driving you crazy, it sounds like he is a handful. But for right now, you don't need to do anything …which is really hard for us alcoholics. I know it is frustrating as all get out to be told to focus on yourself when an annoying spouse is buzzing around us, but the more time you get under your belt the clearer your path will be. Chances are he has been this annoying all along, it is just that you are noticing this now.

Spousal stress isn't easy even without alcoholism, it is way more complex when that element is involved. Obviously if you are in any danger then leaving is paramount. But if you need to stay the course for a bit just look at him as a reflection of where you don't want to be.