Notices

First time going somewhere with alcohol.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
The Kid

First time going somewhere with alcohol.

Hey guys, as of March 4th I've been 3 months sober which is nice. I gave all my money to my parents so I couldn't drink and I got given it back a week ago and I still haven't drank. It feels really good, other people keep alcohol in the house and I've never touched it.

I still get cravings when I'm home alone and so far I've not acted on them. I'm feeling good and this friday I'm going to a party where there will be alcohol. I've told the host that I can't drink and not to let me, although I think I'll be able to resist myself. I'm feeling pretty confident about it. My anxiety has kept me stuck in the house so it feels really positive to finally go out again.

Best wishes
~ENC
Old 03-18-2014, 09:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've told the host that I can't drink and not to let me.

Take control, do not drink no matter how much you crave. You will feel better than you imagine, I find the build up to an event mind games etc is the worst, once wherever I am I feel cool and so glad that I am not drinking and really enjoy the event.

You will do this 100%
Old 03-18-2014, 09:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hmmmmm. Gutsy move. I would have to pass on the party. I just don't have that kind of control at six weeks. Good luck and congrats.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

A party with alcohol is not something I could have attempted at 3 months.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think its good your getting out you can't hide forever. I'm only two months sober an I been around drinking a few times, I will admit it is difficult but it can be done. Have a plan of escape if it get to be to much. Good luck an stay sober
Old 03-18-2014, 10:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
The Kid

yeah, great advice. My parents said that they'd stay at home so they can come and pick me up if I really feel like I can't do it.

It's only a handful of people going and they're all supportive just like you guys