Thanks to @Praying today i'm being kind to ME

Old 03-18-2014, 05:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thanks to @Praying today i'm being kind to ME

Praying's answer in my other post made me stop and think, hard, very, very hard. Yes, i have A LOT of faults, i do a lot of things wrong, i could be better.. but i also do a lot of things RIGHT. So, today, instead of boarding the crazy train that announced it's departure at 10am, I stepped away from the platform and let it leave without me for the day.
Don't get me wrong, it is HARD.. the temptation to catch up with it at the next stop is there, but for TODAY im being kind to ME. I had a long, hot shower, in a minute ill take as long as my teen daughter to dry, preen and straighten my hair. Then i will indulge in some other totally selfish activity and i will NOT let myself feel guilty!!!
I have done the "big" jobs, the kitchen is clean and tidy, same with living room and hallway, floors are swept, our bedroom is done.. laundry is on the go.
I wont worry where hes at, what he is doing, who he is doing it with etc etc etc its on HIM, just for today, its not MY problem.

While in the shower i kept having "let it be, let it be, there will be an answer, let it be" running through my head, which was kind of weird cos its not even a song from my "era" or even anywhere on my playlist.. in fact, i havent heard that song in years and years but that today will be my motto.

And tomorrow? well, tomorrow is another day... maybe it will be another today, maybe it will be another wild ride on the crazy train.. who knows, and who cares? what counts is NOW, and right now im allowing myself to hear Praying and be kind to myself.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can see the Hope getting stronger and that is a wonderful thing.

Well done you! Enjoy the hair fix, and maybe even take yourself out to lunch?
Old 03-18-2014, 08:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep taking care of you.......and you'll find hope. You will be in my prayers.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 03-18-2014, 02:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello!! I am glad to read this I haven't been on in a couple days I have also been doing the same hanging with my sons and just being a Mom .. I hope everything goes just as good for you the rest of the week stay strong!!
Old 03-18-2014, 02:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

well no.. the day went to the proverbial hell in a handbasket at around 6pm and i hopped straight onto that crazy train.. but i managed for most of the day. Now the chaos and mayhem is well afoot and im good for bed and let them get on with whatever it is they want to get on with. I guess that might also count as "me being kind to me" even if i wont sleep a wink, im still resting i guess.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm so glad for you!

And now you've returned the favor, because I am having a ROUGH DAY! It makes me smile to hear you give yourself some love.

Hang in there!
Hugs...
Old 03-18-2014, 06:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

One step at at time LH--you made a good beginning today and you
can start again tomorrow, or the next day.

Once you've started on the journey to reclaiming yourself, there is no turning back.
And that is something to look forward to.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for this posting - after getting my 6 yr old grandson on the bus - I am going to treat myself to a long hot bath & read my new book by Janet Evanovich. This lady's books always have a few parts that make me laugh out loud, one night I even woke up hubby who thought I was losing it. So I can't take a whole day for me - I will take my bath & book. Do something for you today - no matter how small.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thats great pocononana.. i hope you enjoy your bubbly soak and your good read!! its been ages since ive been able to concentrate on reading (and paperbooks cause flashbacks for me so i have my kindle and ipad now)... i love Terry Pratchett books, the witchy ones are SOOO funny!!!

I need to make myself a little "kiosk" on my platform, so that when the crazy train stops, i can go and browse and see what i would like to pick off the shelf to do instead. I suppose the best thing of the little kiosk will be that it is FREE.

So, up to now our kiosk sells:
Hot showers/baths
Taking time with fancy hairdos (or donts )
Reading something that we know will cheer us up
Picking up my yarn and crochet hook and design a new stuffie (thats ambitious)
Come to SR forums to read and feel not alone