Notices

3 months,,starting drinking? confused again!

Old 03-18-2014, 01:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 months,,starting drinking? confused again!

Hi every one,
I joined this site 2 months ago and i made a Thread about how confuse i was if i should stop drinking for good,i told myself that i'm going to stop drinking for 3 months and if i can make it without any relapse or ... i will start drinking again!
(not everyday!)
I'm 30 yrs old and i live in Germany,,beers! I went to the Art school and almost everyone around me drinks or gets high,,The thing is,,i'm gonna reach " 3 months" in about 2 weeks,,and i'm not sure if i want to come back to that lifestyle again,,i've been reading posts every day here and i did quit smoking too! I like the new Me,,she is like what i remember 12-13 years ago before the madness begins! On the other hand i think maybe i'm exaggerating and every body asks me when i started getting so boring,,i know that i'm done with smoking and i will never want to smoke again,,but i'm not sure about drinking,,sorry for the long post here,,i don't even know what kind of answer do i looking for,i know every one here believes staying sober for good is the best or only option,,just wanted to share,,
Old 03-18-2014, 01:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Drug free totally is the right choice ! You will see things get better and better the longer you stay sober

Going back to obsession and the trap of addiction , yuk .

Don't look back in 20 years time regretting why you wasted so much of your life drinking/drugging.

Stay as you are .
Old 03-18-2014, 01:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Aistar, thanks for sharing. If you truly enjoy sobriety at 90 days (soon) then I really do recommend that you keep going ! It gets better the longer you stay sober. I don't mean that you will become a different person but rather you discover more and more who you are deep inside. It is an enriching journey, with its ups and downs,!that you get to enjoy with all your senses alert and focused !

Well done and stay close !!
Old 03-18-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Keep going Aistar xxxxx
Old 03-18-2014, 02:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I recommend you keep going too aistar

If your friends tell you the new you is boring, maybe you need new friends?

D
Old 03-20-2014, 02:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thnx Dee74,,i think i need new friends too!I can't believe how i did'nt see all this before,,now i see these people ,my friends,my teachers,my co-workers!!! I used to think drinking and smoking marijuana is making me more creative,,this is soooo not true!Now i'm looking at my paintings and designs i did before(last year that i drank almost every day),,and that's just sad! I can do much better now,,
Old 03-20-2014, 02:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aistar View Post
Hi every one,
I joined this site 2 months ago and i made a Thread about how confuse i was if i should stop drinking for good,i told myself that i'm going to stop drinking for 3 months and if i can make it without any relapse or ... i will start drinking again!
(not everyday!)
I'm 30 yrs old and i live in Germany,,beers! I went to the Art school and almost everyone around me drinks or gets high,,The thing is,,i'm gonna reach " 3 months" in about 2 weeks,,and i'm not sure if i want to come back to that lifestyle again,,i've been reading posts every day here and i did quit smoking too! I like the new Me,,she is like what i remember 12-13 years ago before the madness begins! On the other hand i think maybe i'm exaggerating and every body asks me when i started getting so boring,,i know that i'm done with smoking and i will never want to smoke again,,but i'm not sure about drinking,,sorry for the long post here,,i don't even know what kind of answer do i looking for,i know every one here believes staying sober for good is the best or only option,,just wanted to share,,
Heya neighbour (i'm from the Netherlands)

if you like living a sober lifestyle....why quit it?
Just because people around you get wasted??

If 'everybody' around you jumps off a bridge, would you??

good luck with your descicion..
Old 03-20-2014, 02:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You are seeing already that life is better without drinking and smoking, you already know the answer to your question ... Do those people that drink and drug with you really know better? Why don't just give it another day of sobriety, one day at the time .
Old 03-20-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Create a new painting or a sober version of an old one and display them together. I am sure you want to maximize your artistic journey!
Old 03-20-2014, 04:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

I think you have answered your own question I think the thing about being more creative when high is a total myth. Sure you can come up with some great ideas, but you would have most likely come up with them anyway, and not have to spend two or three days correcting it all after sobering up xxxxxxxxxx
Old 03-20-2014, 04:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Originally Posted by aistar View Post
I used to think drinking and smoking marijuana is making me more creative,,this is soooo not true!Now i'm looking at my paintings and designs i did before(last year that i drank almost every day),,and that's just sad! I can do much better now,,
Thanks aistar. What you say makes sense to me. When in an altered state, I can enjoy the sheer act of making art, but I tend to coast on whatever ability is already there and I do not progress as rapidly as I would like. Progressing in art I find takes an ability to constructively criticize myself and to follow-up with a work plan so that I don't get stuck in a plateau. It is hard for me to constructively criticize my own work and make plans when I am altered.