Notices

I read from book at meeting for first time

Old 03-16-2014, 05:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I read from book at meeting for first time

7 months sober and had a good AA meeting tonight - i finally read in front of everyone from the big book. I was quite surprised how relaxed i felt. In the past i would refuse to read due to nerves. I think the more i read at meetings the easier it will become. I would have never thought i would have read 7 months ago.
My sponsor said 7 months ago i was like a cat on a hot tin roof.
I have also had a busy planting onions and feel tired but in a nice content way. Not in an alcohol induced way.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
AA member

Good news.Pleased for you
Old 03-16-2014, 05:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To be content

Takes good courage to speak in front of people. Happy you felt good about it. Did you make them cry with onions Planting sounds so great, to get those hands dirty and feel the sunshine! I'm in the frozen tundra here, still a foot of snow on the ground and they say permafrost 6 feet deep this year.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on reading! I finally spoke at my meeting on Step Three (my favorite), I wish I could be planting! I am too in frozen tundra, the mid-west USA has been brutal. It will probably be June before I can dig in some dirt, my favorite past time! It does get easier at meetings, my group is a small Woman's group and I am finally more comfortable. Good luck with your onions, I can't wait for my flowers!