bitterness...

Old 03-16-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy bitterness...

Sigh.,. Is any one else absolutely *over* havng to be supportive of *their* alcoholics? I have a huge series of testing to do this weekend. Huge. It's a med thing, I have to go to another city and endure two days of testing...and I'm getting temper tantrums because my schedule is too full.

And I'm being told that I'm not validating *my* alcoholic's feeling, because I'm doing well with my studies, and he did not.

I feel like I'm not allowed to be proud of myself.

Like if I do well, it will set my husband into into a downward spiral. And it does. Crap.

Ugh. Sorry, I'm having issues today, lol.

I thinkmi just need to hear that at least one of the "family and friend" folks know what I'm feeling.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

oh poo on mr pouty face. is he 5? you have your own life, your own interests, your own schooling and are about to take some very important tests. so, DO THAT. if he uses over it, that is just an EXCUSE. in a long line of excuses.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Put yourself first when you are involved with an alcoholic. xxxxxxx
Old 03-16-2014, 05:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

It has taken me a long time to realize I had a warp sense of what love is. It's not chemistry, the laughs, the compatibility. It's mutual respect, friendship, trust, dependability, honor, etc.

What part of your relationship have these things? When I started asking those questions, I started making changes.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks folks. I need to spend more time here. "Poo on Mr. Pouty Face" made me laugh out loud, and reminded me how silly this behaviour is.

I'll do my tests...I promise.

I appreciate the support, and the giggle.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Auclaire...you should be very proud of yourself!! I'm proud of you and I'd bet others here will say the same. Please put the focus on yourself and set boundaries with AH so you can be well prepared for your tests. Good luck and let us know how it goes!!!