Notices

Update on Mizzuno

Old 03-16-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on Mizzuno

There can be many positives when someone is faced with a terminal illness. One would be the fact that all the family drama, bickering, and defenses come to a halt and the one thing that matters is making sure the one you love is cared for.
Another could be that each moment is carefully spent understanding and acknowledging the words and thoughts of the ones who are in this position.

My sister asked me to contact our mother (whom I have not spoken with in over eight years) the only time I saw her over the eight years is for the wedding of my younger sister. How was i able to lay down my swords and make this connection? The swords do not matter any more. The anger is non-existent. I Have enough love and strength within to say to my mother "Your daughter is terminally sick, and we need to talk about this Mom"

My sister has said "I dont understand, you were so angry and you never wanted to even talk about her" Well, anything can change within someone and the fact that I have moved beyond my anger. and have allowed my mother to be in my space for the sake of my sister, is a step in the right direction. No matter what, she is the mother of my sister who is very very sick. She is my mother who needs care and compassion just as well. I am here for that. I need her too. I never thought I would, but that is all a lie that I conjured up and held onto for years. I am free of the anger. This feels so damn good, finally.

I have not drank. I have not used the prescribed meds other than how they are prescribed. I have lost weight. My sister is on this kick of weighing ourselves and writing down the loss on a sheet. The pounds are dropping. We need to get her weight stable, if we can. Update on the life of Mizzuno
Old 03-16-2014, 08:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

What a beautiful post.

Finding the rainbow in the storm. I'm so proud of your willingness. It all begins with willingness.

Love to you dear one.

XO AO
Old 03-16-2014, 08:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

We corresponded on each others' posts a while back but I have followed your journey. I am inspired by your strength and applaud your transformation. You are embodying the honesty, openness and willingness that have been and continue to be the pillars for me.

Congrats and big hugs to you and your sister!
Old 03-16-2014, 08:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Old 03-16-2014, 08:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Sending you and yours' all the love, wishes and compassion i can Mizz

m
Old 03-16-2014, 09:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

sending you and your family love and hugs