Notices

searching

Old 03-16-2014, 04:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

searching

Well this is new for me but I have been starting my day here for the last week or so. I wanted to thank everyone who posts here. Reading peoples stories and comments seems to be helping....

When I was 25 I went through detox and a 30 day program. I had that thing, whatever it is, willingness to succeed, strength to work through the bull, stubborness to show myself I could do it....And I did....sober for 11 years.

Then something happened, I don't know what triggered it. Maybe thinking I'd been sober so long I could drink now...2 years later I was back in the hospital, lost my job, my house etc etc....30 day program but it was so much harder to get that thing, or feeling (to be silly that Rocky moment)...but it finally came and I had sobriety another 10 years.....

Now at 50 and drinking again I just can't seem to find that will to go through it all again...so I'm here searching and reading and now posting. I suppose it's a start and I would love to hear any comments, suggestions or advice from you...thanks
Old 03-16-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It is hard to keep trying. I have so many times. You hit bottom I think. Look to address and succeed in your case for impressive periods. I think we feel we beat it and then the incideous nature creeps in and next thing you know.

I think we need to build support networks and do things that keep it foremost in our mind the danger of drink. This is what I am doing I am tell people and trying to build that network. Aa and sponsorship it appears helps from what I am reading.

I am just starting out again. Join me on this journey, I find site helps but is not a panacea for me but part of the network of support I need to build
Old 03-16-2014, 04:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lets walk together. I'm having trouble too, again. Keep coming back.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am willing. All the help I can get the better. Day 1 sinead here let's celebrate milestones together on this journey. It scares me senseless but I must can't sink any further afraid if I do will not end well for me or loved ones who also get hurt
Old 03-16-2014, 07:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It is possible, tho it get harder each time you relapse, to quit drinking for good. Get rid of any alcohol in your home and don't get any more. Do you have any support in real life? Have you considered AA? What about counseling?

Support is crucial to success. I hope the support here, and elsewhere, can help you stop drinking again.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

No alcohol in the house, thank goodness....I did attend AA meetings a long time ago and didn't really enjoy them..I am terrible at speaking in meeting etc. A counselor may be a very good idea. thank you
Old 03-16-2014, 09:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gorc View Post
I am willing. All the help I can get the better. Day 1 sinead here let's celebrate milestones together on this journey. It scares me senseless but I must can't sink any further afraid if I do will not end well for me or loved ones who also get hurt
Catcha tonite on the other side in the "grateful" post celebrating today!