Notices

Can't stop!!

Old 03-15-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can't stop!!

Hi guys posted on here before about a binge drinking problem I have and keep doing every week.. This is something that I need to stop and not sure why I'm posting this but maybe if I come back and write here of how I'm feeling it might help me to stop....

Sorry for posting my thoughts
Old 03-15-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't ever say sorry for posting your thoughts, welcome to the forum
Old 03-15-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you chilledice going to come and post here a diary as sorts and express my feelings hopefully it will help if anyone reads it then all the better....
Old 03-15-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

AccessAw when I hit that point I just came on SR and started reading. There is lots of good information about alcohol and alcoholism here. It helped me to read all the various stories/scenarios of the folks on here and how they are trying to cope with it. What they are doing to modify their behavior as regarding alcohol and other substances.

I just read for a week or so and then registered and told my story. For me it is a place to return to when I am having a craving. A place that reminds me where I was and where I want to go.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to the board, I believe it's for anyone that wants to stop drinking so post away! I am brand new at this myself, 6 days in, and I would say to you that CAN stop, you just need to figure out what works for you. What works for me? I am not going to drink today. One day, I know I can do it. I will worry about tomorrow tomorrow. Best wishes to you.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome accessaw
I hope you find SR useful we are all on here to help and all have issues
Old 03-15-2014, 07:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Dis14 and Holli for your reply, I have no problem stopping but staying stopped is another thing altogether. When a craving hits it's like not for a few min it lasts hours and I always give in because I think to myself I will feel the same tomorrow even if I don't give in... Hope that makes sense
Old 03-15-2014, 07:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. This forum is full of some great people who are supportive and you are most welcome to post whatever it is that helps in your recovery whether that's asking a question, leaving a comment, a venting session, talking about what's working, talking about what didn't work or sometimes as I do just rambling on a bit even if I don't have a lot to say just so I stay committed and part of the forum community.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you lance my intentions are when it comes to the witching hour to come here and say how I'm feeling instead of giving in and drinking...I think that by doing that it will be a positive instead of the negative which is giving in to it....
Old 03-15-2014, 08:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

This is the key point when it comes to alcoholism.

You cant stop once you started.

Its baffling aint it.

Cunning, Baffling, Powerful
it is also
Progressive, Chronic and Fatal

There is hope for us drunks. No matter how far down you have gone in your disease there is hope. From the ultra low-bottom drunks like me, to the high-bottom drunks. It just doesnt have to be, there is a way out.

There are many programs out there to try. The only one that worked for me is AA and the 12 steps. Please do yourself a favor and put down that bottle. Do not drink today. Then when tommorrow rolls around, please do not drink that day either. Everyday, say to yourself I am not drinking today. I might go drinking tomorrow, but not today. Then buy a big book, get a sponsor, and get to work.

Crawl into the doors of AA as I did, you can find help there my friend. Its going to be a wonderful journey filled with excitment, joy, fun, saddness as you see your friends fall (not light hearted at all, they will DIE!!!!!!!!! due to misinformation and lack of action), happiness, pain, suffering, and good times..................sober.

Wish you the best.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:04 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks for all your advice guys means a lot I will come here and post when I am craving and will stop worrying about tomorrow and not drink for the day....
Old 03-15-2014, 09:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I tried aa I'm.going to try the online aa on here and see how that goes
The one thing that's putting me off aa is the god, higher power, i know that sounds daft but since being baptised at 15 like my foster parents say i avoid god like the plague i find it hard to accept that god loves me, even though i cant see him, i have
Felt this overwhelming love often over the years and i di believe something kept me sober last year for 6 months during thus i had no support, didn't know this site existed and didn't go to aa all.i asked was please keep me sober...
I do want to go to aa but as said im scared, even being in a church for five minutes makes me choke and cry....i don't get it but i know aa work im just scared....
all.my life I've been told crying is weak....
Old 03-15-2014, 09:11 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Country I don't really have any advice for you as it's a new step for me but I wish you well and hope things work out for you....
Old 03-15-2014, 09:20 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Cheers access its fine i waffle on sometimes im new on here too but always happy to listen
I hope things work out for you too at least like me you found this site and my goodness what a goldmine it is
Old 03-15-2014, 09:26 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Pain shared is pain lessened my friend.

There is hope here, keep coming back. Feel free to PM me if you need someone to talk to.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:06 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I think by the act of you even posting is say hey I got a problem maybe and want to see what I can do about it.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:11 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I do have a problem and need to take care of it I will be fine till mid of next week then it hits and I go out....will be coming here as soon as it happens
Old 03-15-2014, 10:32 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AccessAw View Post
Thank you lance my intentions are when it comes to the witching hour to come here and say how I'm feeling instead of giving in and drinking...I think that by doing that it will be a positive instead of the negative which is giving in to it....
That's the attitude

You have a plan. Keep at it.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:54 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm not really religious either so I can identify. The AA stuff doesn't make sense without that context I don't think. I hope you find the strength within yourself though. You can do it!
Old 03-15-2014, 12:07 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welcome Access xxxx