Notices

very new to soberity

Old 03-14-2014, 12:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

very new to soberity

I am a addict. My drug was methadone 120mg per day. I got plulled into a machine 20 years ago, very slowly. The damage was large. This is how I got on methadone, morphine before that 400mg a day. The methadone started giving heart problems. So I decided I want live, so I started a tapper program to get off the methadone. 6 days ago I decided to drop the rest. I hurt so bad. I destroyed my stock of methadone. I have had no more than three hours or sleep each night. It feels like someone has beaten me with a baseball bat. My emotions are out of my control. I feel like screaming. Maybe crying but no enjoyment. I have good medical insurance, they didn't tell me about the craving, knowing I could a few pills and the pains would be gone, that is why I decided to poision my stash. This medicine is the devil in descise. I know in my heart that I will never go back to them. I had no idea that this drug could do all this. The sense of lose is horrible. Thank you for reading this. Addiction can happen to any one. Pleas give me silent prayer.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you for getting through 6 days!
Old 03-14-2014, 01:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome! My thoughts are with you. One step at a time.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Pray you make it.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers of support coming your way Marvin

We also have a methadone forum you may like to look at as well?
Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 03-14-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to a very friendly and supportive site. Prayers for you that you find peace of mind.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

day 7 without methadone

The struggle continues. Yesterday i got to experience nausea all day. I hate throwing up because it makes my muscle sore. I have got huge headache but I can handle that but the smells,not too sure if that is a part of withdrawal
. My emotions are all but imposible to control I watched a music video from a group called the Head and Heart it a sad story it was making me cry..I am 59 year old male we are not supose to cry. At this part if I would have a stepped on ant, Still cannot sleep. I have getting 3hrs of sleep each morning. The drugs my doc gave me are Vistaril and gently. They make slow and tired. This my seventh day, not taking methadone. Another side affect is sneezing. I thought that was odd. During my tapering off. I have never had effects like I have now. I have so much empathy sympathy for addicts. I feel that I am an addict. Yesterday I took my stash and mixed with water and tosed them in the garbage. I would have taken one. I am medical maryuana patient you for reading this post. I don't use pot however,but I think I will use some today, I have strain of pot that is 3% thc and very high cbd% it's supposed take pain. I feel like I have lost a friend. Thank you very much.