Notices

Day 12

Old 03-12-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 12

It's Day 12 - I don't have a lot on my mind but want to post to stay active in the forum community.

Overall it continues to go well. Yesterday after work I was very tired and dealing with a cold/flu and on the way home from work I just about caved into a strong bout of cravings that sent me into a pity-party. There wasn't a thought of moderation - it was all about a burning desire to go pell-mell into drunken oblivion. I got through it and in retrospect am thankful it happened because it made me realize on an even deeper level that total abstinence is not too harsh or radical because my nature showed me again why moderation will never work.

P.S. Last night I remember a snippet of a dream where I was riding as a passenger in a car looking out the window wondering why there was a snow covered mountain with skiers coming down it in the rural farmlands of Mississippi and suddenly realized that without thinking I had just swigged out of a wine bottle. I looked down and to my horror saw that I had a wine bottle clutched in my hand. It was a bottle of white wine, and when I checked the level in the bottle I was surprised to find that it looked like none was gone and it seems to me thinking back on the dream that the cork was still in the bottle.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good job for not giving in to the craving.

When I quit smoking 20 years ago, at about the two week mark I started having dreams that I had smoked. I would wake up and have that same guilt as if I had actually smoked.

In retrospect, I believe there is some force of evil that tries to lure us back to that which will kill us.

The dreams came and went for a while, but the smoking stayed gone.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great Job on 12 Days!! keep pushing through!!
Old 03-12-2014, 10:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on 12 days sober! Having drinking dreams is quite normal in recovery. Just take comfort in the fact that it was only a dream.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great! And you're only two days away from two weeks.