Notices

Feeling heavy

Old 03-12-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling heavy

I am now at around 105 days sober and lately I think I have been depressed. I am finding it difficult to get out of bed or to really get excited about doing anything. I was so happy a few weeks ago that I managed 3 months. However I don't feel like my emotions have regulated. Ah I don't know maybe it's the weather. It's actually been a deep freeze the ENTIRE time I've been sober. I have a young toddler so I am trying the Fake it until I make it approach today because I'd rather just go back to bed.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Congrats on 105 days sober!

Hang on, Spring is coming! And if that doesn't lift your spirits, maybe its time to see a doctor?
Old 03-12-2014, 09:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Friend

I can totally relate to the "heavy" feeling. Life is far more undulating than most people realize. And when those waves come in strong and heavy, the bed feels like a "warm blanket."

This is why I cannot encourage you enough to get up, go out, and do something nice for yourself asap. Get a baby-sitter and go get your nails and hair done. Go shopping and pick up a new pair of shoes. Schedule a massage and get a facial while you're at it. Above all, from time to time, don't be afraid to pat yourself on the back for a job so far, well done.

You've earned it.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Serving the 4-6 (months) has been a labor of love. Labor being the operative word.

Also so much growth. Please hang on, it will get better soon.

XO AO
Old 03-12-2014, 09:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Simply Grateful

Wow! Sober and smoke free! Congratulations, you are doing awesome!
Old 03-12-2014, 09:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You're doing a great job, cusper; this is not an easy fight. A feeling of lethargy lasted about 6 months for me; it does get better; have faith. I agree with the other posters; try to do something for yourself; even the simplest of things can help. If it becomes absolutely overwhelming, you may want to discuss it with your doctor.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks! i would get a babysitter only we have a snow storm here and the city is advising people don't travel. It's ok I am feeling a bit better. Thank you for your support! Also I know this sounds ridiculous, but now that I have given up sugar I don't really even look forward to food! On the up side my husband finally agreed to go somewhere hot.
Oh and Alpha- you found months 4-6 difficult? that's interesting. I will keep that in mind.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's snowing here again, too, and I agree...enough! I think a little sunshine and warm weather will help all of us. I hope you feel better, and do check with your dr if you don't.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I too can't wait for spring to get here. If your depression doesn't lift within a month or two, time to see your doctor about it.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

yeah I do think it's the weather. my husband... even my dog doesn't seem to pleased at this point. and every time i listen to the radio that's all anyone complains about. apparently this has been the worst winter in, I don't know 20 years or something
Old 03-12-2014, 11:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I've felt this a bit too... though I actually quite like the winter so I don't think it's that. However, the lack of vitamin D can be an issue. I have found Vitamin D and B supplements helpful in my mood and energy.

Congrats on your sobriety, 105 days is awesome!

Old 03-12-2014, 12:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cusper View Post
yeah I do think it's the weather. my husband... even my dog doesn't seem to pleased at this point. and every time i listen to the radio that's all anyone complains about. apparently this has been the worst winter in, I don't know 20 years or something
60 inches of snowfall here. Our aggregate average is something like 16. And I gave up all forms of soda pop for lent, too! Nothing but milk, orange juice, coffee and/or water until Easter. Needless to say, I'm over it. UGH!! Like you we booked a spring break vacation early next month to Florida two days ago.

18 days and counting....

Hang in there Sista! I'm witchu
Old 03-12-2014, 12:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Congrats. Everyone has off days xxx
Old 03-12-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope spring hits soon Cusper

D
Old 03-12-2014, 06:17 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

This entire winter has been ridiculous. It's almost over though! So close!
Old 03-12-2014, 06:36 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I know!!! we have piles of snow up along our street that are taller than me! Apparently this is the last of it... hopefully!
Old 03-12-2014, 07:22 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cusper View Post
Thanks! i would get a babysitter only we have a snow storm here and the city is advising people don't travel. It's ok I am feeling a bit better. Thank you for your support! Also I know this sounds ridiculous, but now that I have given up sugar I don't really even look forward to food! On the up side my husband finally agreed to go somewhere hot.
Oh and Alpha- you found months 4-6 difficult? that's interesting. I will keep that in mind.
Hi buddy - I'm kinda in the thick of it now.

Here's a thread I started with all the help and great advice.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rough-6-a.html
Old 03-12-2014, 08:12 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thank you sooo much Alpha for taking the time to give me that thread. It really helped. I think in some ways I had some lofty ideas about how I would feel right about now. Hope you are doing well. Please keep me updated on you. I know you have some surgery coming up. xxxxx
Old 03-12-2014, 08:30 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I hear ya sister. I just had a thread about 5 months and not being where I thought I would be.

I see a pink cloud and I want to paint it black.

Lotsa black right now. Lots and lots.

This too shall pass.

(It GD better pass soon or else... )
Old 03-12-2014, 09:11 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

I agree, four to six months was hard. I'm even finding a cycle of hard at a year and 8 months-I've been in a major slump lately. It does come and go in waves so ride it out.

Alcohol, smoke, and sugar free (my next battle)-no wonder you're depressed lol Hopefully at least the sex and rock and roll are good