feeling sad and stressed.

Old 03-12-2014, 06:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feeling sad and stressed.

I know it will pass. Today's just been difficult so far. It's nasty and rainy out and getting cold again. I am surprisingly emotional about leaving my job. There are some great things about it that I will miss, especially certain people. We also have sooo much to do in regard to moving that I feel totally overwhelmed. I'm taking it one task at a time but really feel like crying today.

My BF is not doing so good. He's still not sleeping because of his nighttime schedule. He's not really working much on his recovery (reading, meetings, etc.) because all he does is work and try to sleep, basically. It's an adjustment period, I know, but I feel bad for him. He's trying so hard. Yesterday was rough. It was beautiful out and he was so tired he barely got out to ride his bike. He was short-tempered and feeling ******. He has therapy today and is going to talk to the therapist about seeing a psychiatrist for some meds. I think this is a good idea because he obviously suffers from depression and anxiety. At least he is self-aware and knows he's struggling and needs to get a handle on it.

I'm not worried about him drinking. I just want us both to be happy. Not pollyannna, everything-is-sunshine-and-rainbows happy, but content and settled day-to-day. Life isn't like that all the time, I know. Right now is such a transitional period for both of us. It's difficult.

Thanks for listening.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am sorry you are struggling RB. You are going through lots of change, and with change comes lots of emoation. It is so good that he is willing to do therapy and see someone for some medicaiton. I too am struggling with this weather. It was 70 yesterday and 30 and horrible outside today. The sun will be shining brightly soon, and I am one who believes that is a benefit for everyone.

For myself, I am struggling with sleep right now due to the recent time change. This messes me up because I become really tired in the late afternoons, which is really the time I spend with my family when I really don't want to be tired. I want to enjoy my time with them and if I am dragging that is hard to do.

Give it time, keep working on you. You have big changes coming up. The therapist told me yesterday to remember that we get comfortable with where we are, but when pushed into making change it can be the best thing we can ever do for ourselves. You have an exciting career in front of you, so much to look forward to. You can do this!

So...chin up baby...you've got this! It will get better!
Old 03-12-2014, 07:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have says like that too where everything just feels like too much to handle. Maybe tomorrow you'll find your Super Girl cape again and be able to tackle it all with out breaking a sweat! ;-)
Old 03-12-2014, 07:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

3 things come to mind..,cabin fever... What the big book of AA describes as irritable restless and discontent, and something I heard from a family councelor comparing a family to a mobile... When one part of a mobile is diturbed it sends the other parts to shakeing... Kind of a ripple effect. Dance it out!!
Old 03-12-2014, 07:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If I could send you all some Florida sunshine, I totally would!

RB, I agree with Hopeful, you've got so many great changes coming up but I think it's normal & natural (even outside of recovery) to have discomfort leaving the old job/routines even though you know you are headed in a better direction. (((hugs))) Here's hoping your day steadily improves as it goes on!
Old 03-12-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HopefulinFLA View Post
I have says like that too where everything just feels like too much to handle. Maybe tomorrow you'll find your Super Girl cape again and be able to tackle it all with out breaking a sweat! ;-)
I want one of these! That actually sounds like a fun project to work on with DD some boring weekend, thanks!
Old 03-12-2014, 07:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I moved about 3 weeks ago...At first I was just SO excited and giddy, I could barely contain it! I'd laugh and giggle and just felt so GOOD!
After a week I was so exhausted I could barely stand it. I had expended SO much energy packing, buying the things that I needed (I had to start completely from scratch; dishes, silverware, glasses, etc.), putting things away.
This is now week 3 and I've established a bit of a routine. I've paid bills (early), everything is transferred into my name, and I'm being VERY responsible...and I'm now depressed. Not "clinically" depressed, but the newness and excitement has worn off, the relationship with the ABF has officially ended, and I've gotten my first big migraine in the new place (LOTS of windows and not one window treatment/blind/shade/curtain yet).

It's an adjustment. There are highs and lows. I've laughed so hard I've cried...I've cried so hard I just wanted to absorb into the carpet. Every day I wake up, though. I tackle it one day, one hour, one minute at a time...

It will get better. Moving is stressful...even if it's GOOD stress, it's still stress.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Mellybug, I can relate. I felt great the first week or two after my STBXAH moved out. I even posted about it! Now, on week 4... I'm feeling sad and depressed again. It's definitely a process.

Readerbaby, change is always stressful and a bit sad. Even if the change is a GREAT thing, there usually is some sadness over what we're giving up. Totally normal. I'm feeling blah right now, too. I'm just trying to use the time to focus more on me. Hopefully, the weather will break soon and you'll have the sunshine back. Spring will help us all, I think
Old 03-12-2014, 08:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post

I want one of these! That actually sounds like a fun project to work on with DD some boring weekend, thanks!
My cape is a mental one, and it does tend to get me in trouble from time to time. Wear with caution!
Old 03-12-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're having a rough day RB. I'm sending you some warmth and sunshine from California today. Hugs, lady!