Notices

back again, work/school overload a trigger

Old 03-10-2014, 10:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

back again, work/school overload a trigger

Hello everyone, I am back again and I've been having a really hard time with my drinking. My intense work/school schedule literally drives me to drink and with me there is a direct correlation between schedule and drink: the busier my schedule gets, the drunker I have to be to manage everything. And then of course, I can't really manage anything because my emotions are a wreck and I'm always sick. I did myself a favor by dramatically cutting my work schedule in half, even though I have no other financial support for my school and zero family support and I'm just going to have to be super broke until the summer (when I'll have the opportunity to catch up financially). I really, really, REALLY don't like my current job which stresses me out beyond belief and puts me more at risk for trying to kill the pain with alcohol. So I think the best thing is to spend less time there. I hope this works for me. I quit for a few months before and I'm trying again.

I don't even know yet how often I'll be able to post because I have so much catching up to do after my schedule changes on Wednesday. But my goal is to make sobriety a priority one way or another.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi it'sviolet

if your schedule is that tight I think you need to look at it realistically and prune it back even further.

If you haven't even got time to post here, presumably you haven't got time to work on your recovery either - and, straight talking here, it sounds like you need to, Violet.

Something needs to give - make sure it's not you, or your recovery...or all this study may be for naught anyway?

D