Notices

wedding + passed new husband = very sad

Old 06-25-2004, 04:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy wedding + passed new husband = very sad

I'm so lost.

I was just married this morning. For the reception (small, maybe 30 people), my new husband drank himself stupid. We came home to grab our things for the honeymoon and leave, but he threw up and passed out on the bed. That was 4 hours ago. We've missed our own honeymoon, and I'm miserable. I saw him act like this once before in the 14 months that I've known him, but he promised to never do it again. Why tonight?! Have I married an alcoholic?
Old 06-25-2004, 04:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Non,

I don't know for sure if you married an alcoholic, I don't know him. But I do relate, My first husband did the same thing at our wedding, only he passed out in the maid of honors bed. I know for sure that he had a problem. I am sorry this is happening to you. Have you tried the al-anon forum?

Laurie D
Old 06-25-2004, 04:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Sorry to hear about your honeymoon. :ouch: I don't know if he is an alcoholic... It may just be that he didn't realize how messed up he was getting until he was already there. But it sounds like there is a potential for it. It sounds like you two should have a major discussion when he wakes up. That's for sure. Mention your fears to him. You may want to go AA website. It may help. :shysmile:
Old 06-25-2004, 11:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I went on my honeymoon with my love of my life in 1982 and I was and am the alchohoic. You can recover ...do you want a buddy...I am still here if you want one/ Love ,Janice
Old 06-26-2004, 12:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

The getting sick is a sign of hope.
Amature drinkers tend to get sick when they over do it.
I had my days when I would get sick then I reached a point of not getting sick no matter how much I would drink. What stopped my wife from drinking ... I made the commitment in word that I was stopping and by default of my nature I stopped being a codie. When she would get sick. I cleaned up after her 3 times. The 4th time I left it for her to clean up after herself. For her that was enough of a wake up call to fully stop for many years. (social drinker only now) Not sure how leaving things for a guy to clean up would work? Had a stink to the bathroom for almost 12 hours till it was cleaned fully. An idea for what it is worth (if needed)
Communicate with gentleness as you ask if this will happen any more. Don't hide your feelings but do try to keep soft tones in your communication. Let him know you were upset and let his futire actions be your answer (not what comes from his lips as you ask)
Could be early enough in this situation that you may see much hope. A problem for the day but may not be a problem that will continue.
Old 06-26-2004, 05:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Gold Member

Wow, bummer! You poor thing! No use though starting the marrige with the morning after fights. I say let him recover from his drinking and try the best you can to make the rest of your HM wonderful. My husband gets really stupid when he drinks like there is not enough beer in the world. We have been to parties where him and his friends hugg the keg or I have picked him up on an outing with his buddies only to have him act like a drunken fool. Turns me off big time,but he pays for it the next day by feeling sick. He also has remorse and trys harder to please me. I'v learned to ignor him and his buddies when they get together and fend for myself. Lucky for me it's only once or twice a year.
Old 06-26-2004, 06:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JUSTINE

i feel for you as it is not a good way to start is it!!
HOPE THINGS GET BETTER FOR YOU WITH YOUR HUBBY.YOU MUST BE DEVASTATED.WHAT A HURTFUL THING TO DO.
GOOD LUCK FOR THE FUTURE!!!