Courage To Change 03/08/14

Old 03-08-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change 03/08/14

One of the wonderful benefits I receive by going to Al-Anon meetings is that I find new ways to work my program. The chairperson at one of my favorite meetings passed around a basket full of Al-Anon slogans and suggested that we each take one and try to apply it to this day. It was remarkable how many of us seem to get the perfect slogan!
The very next day I found myself in a stressful situation. I was struggling to solve a tough problem, growing frustrated and upset but no closer to a solution. I asked my Higher Power for help and suddenly remembered that basket. In my mind, I imagined myself reaching once more into a basket full of slogans. Again I got exactly what I needed: The slip of paper I pictured reminded me that "Easy Does It." I stop trying to force a solution and waited until I could approach the problem more gently. I felt much better, my thinking was clear, and in time a solution appeared.

Today's Reminder

It is not always easy to know which Al-Anon tool to apply, especially in the middle of a crisis. I am grateful for a Higher Power who knows my needs, and for meetings that help me find new ways to put these tools to work in my life.

"As we learn to depend upon our Higher Power through applying the Al-Anon program to our lives, fear and uncertainty are replaced by faith and confidence."

~One Day at a Time in Al-Anon
Old 03-08-2014, 10:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think "Easy Does It" may be just the saying I needed for today. Thanks for posting these Carlotta.