Notices

Struggling

Old 03-08-2014, 06:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Struggling

Struggling today folks, I really really reaaaaaaaaaaaally wanna get some cans of beer from my local shops!!!

This is super super SUPER difficult, I wanna drink!!!
Old 03-08-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can ALMOST taste it!!! That sweet beer dripping down my throat!!
Old 03-08-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Gotta get a plan for the day together Chilledice, simply sitting thinking about drinking is only gonna make things worse!! . . . It is difficult as all we may have ever done was drink, so doing something else on a Saturday will feel weird, but we gotta follow a new Sober pattern to our weekends!!

Remember, you only have to get to bedtime, only remain Sober TODAY, don't worry about anything else, tomorrow is too far away to worry about it just yet.

Break the day down into hour or 30min slots if you need to!!

You can do this!!
Old 03-08-2014, 07:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

was thinking the same all over the day, then came back home, took a shower and went for a long walk with a bottle of water, i m back home now and feel fixed for today, the desire is also gone.

Won the battle today! hope you are feeling better by now
Old 03-08-2014, 07:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I just cant seem to get through its just TOO strong of a temptation and desire for me no matter how busy I keep myself or how much I try to avert my mind it always comes to me and im not sure how much longer I can take this without giving in! Heck it makes me feel is it all worthit? Why am I putting myself through this? Just have a beer and be done with it. Im not sure I can do it, not sure I even wanna now!
Old 03-08-2014, 07:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Focus on the optimism and positivity shown by this guy earlier today:

Originally Posted by Chilledice View Post
Atleast im not hungover which is great but im still struggling big time but I guess it passes as im early in my sobriety.

Went to the park yesterday afternoon and seen people jogging and walking their dogs it was great to see that there IS a life without booze, I just wanna reach that place where im HAPPY without it!

Well day 4 checking in and not giving in!!!
Old 03-08-2014, 07:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

now i m watch ing "Drugged - High On Alcohol" and trust me it reminds why decided to give up beer which was my favorite. Good luck and i m sure you ll make it through the day as i just did )
Old 03-08-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It won't stop at just one and you know it.

You are trying to give yourself permission to drink here--don't fall for that.

You have the power to stop the cycle. Be strong.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Cravings come in waves sometimes. Do you know what triggered it? Sometimes it helps to identify why. Can you treat yourself to a nice meal or go do something that you enjoy doing outside of the house for awhile? This will pass. If you have a friend or sponsor please call them now. You can do this.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Try some seltzer water or club soda--a carbonated beverage can really satisfy those cravings.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yea I know the feeling... starts with just a beer and then suddenly 7 or 8. You know where that first one will lead...
Old 03-08-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I havnt given in but im climbing the walls! Goona stuff my face with a Chinese takeaway .
Old 03-08-2014, 09:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Doing some controlled breathing helps me sometimes. Close your eyes, breathe in through your nose for a count of eight, hold your breath for a count of 4, breathe out through your a count of ten. Gives you something to focus on.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I started going to movies on the weekends just to pass the hours. If you can push through a few hours, the cravings will pass or at least lessen. I promise.

Just do something to get through some time. Last weekend I went and test drove cars even though I can't afford to get a new one! Just to do something random and fun that had nothing to do with drinking. I know that "I can just taste it" feeling. And I also know you can get past it.

Just for today. Just for today. Just for today. That's what you have to do.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:58 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Find something to do! Walk, movie, or read. Do you go to meetings? Get around sober people. If you take that one beer, it's going to take you right back to where you were. Stay here on the board and talk. But whatever you do don't give in. I was exactly where you are yesterday. I am 17 days sober and thinking WTH? Why am I even bothering with this? It's pissing me off. But I chose not to drink. It won't fix anything and the feelings and pain will still be there. Not to mention the damage I might do when I "just have one".

Last edited by mimi2014; 03-08-2014 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Forgot something
Old 03-08-2014, 10:02 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Deep breathing for me all day seems to help. I wish you the best, you can stay sober! Just think of how great you will feel when you go to bed tonight not having taken a drink.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:03 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi Chille,
I had to step back and look at myself like an outsider at first. You know how like its easier seeing what's going on with other people than it is when it's you happening too? I know. It sucked when it was me. Not fun at all.

If I had a friend who had an addiction they were trying to kick and I didn't and I saw them in the beginning I would have said. You are doing so well! This is hard sometimes. Folks don't just quit and then that's the end of it. Most people have to deal with the ups and downs in the beginning. But you are doing it! I'm so proud of you. It will pass. Cravings pass. The more you stay away from the very thing that caused it the beginning the more it will get easier and you will get stronger. It's the only way out.

That's what I would say to me when it was me just starting my journey. It probably would have ticked me off too beings I was the one up to my neck in it. But it's true. It's just part of the deal. The small print I didn't read or pay attention to when I continued to drink and rely upon it so much.

You can do it! Push through the uncomfortable! It gets easier. It gets better.

You are doing great!!
Old 03-08-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Its passing, thanks guys for the support MAN it gripped me it was so scary but now im feeling rather tired, goona get some sleep soon and wake up tomorrow!
Old 03-08-2014, 11:23 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

So happy you made it!
Old 03-08-2014, 01:16 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Congratulations Chilleboy! Keep it up, the cravings will pass. Just imagine how great it will feel to wake up tomorrow sober with no hangover! I know you can do it.
Keep it up Mate, we're almost at 10 now.

All the best,
B.