Notices

Feeling anxious and overwhelmed

Old 03-07-2014, 12:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling anxious and overwhelmed

I am feeling so overwhelmed and anxious today. I have so many things to complete for school and I feel like I am losing the battle. I have been fantasizing about cuddling up with a bottle of white wine since yesterday. I don’t know why I am struggling so much this week… I guess it could be because I have been dealing with a lot lately. School has been on the backburner. I used to love school but this program I am in now is not right for me at all. I am only still doing it because of all of the time and money that I have already invested. I haven’t really been taking the best care of myself today either and that might be contributing to this awful mood I am in…plus hormones, not fun. I have enough work to do from now until midnight. I feel completely out of sorts and I just got home last night after a long absence. I am not sure if I am being too hard on myself, or not hard enough. I am used to feeling organized and on top of things but lately I just feel like a mess. I am just going to try and get thru tonight, stay sober and complete the work I need to do. But above all, stay sober. Thanks for being here SR.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey I had a really crappy week and especially day yesterday. I was restless, irritable and discontented and also fantasizing about a bottle of wine. I'm happy to tell you that the feelings passed (as they always do) and I am SOOOO grateful to have woken up this morning feeling better, without a hangover, without any regret or remorse for my actions. We gotta get through these tough times and it is hard but it gets better. Stay strong! Xo
Old 03-07-2014, 12:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Remember to treat yourself gently sometime soon Flying . You deserve a day off to do something good and healthy for yourself .

As a drunk i was always trying so hard to drive myself , some kind of raving perfectionist , I've had to learn how to wind down and plan in relaxation time before i collapse and not after ..

Bestwishes, m
Old 03-07-2014, 01:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Be good to yourself. You deserve a break.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The good old HALT model really works.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Totally hear where your coming from. I've been on edge all week. Wanting to drink and not deal with my problems. Hang in there...