Notices

Day 19 - Made it through a tough day. Grateful I did. :)

Old 03-07-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 19 - Made it through a tough day. Grateful I did. :)

19 days of absolutely zero mind/mood altering substances entering my body! Whohoo! I know it's not much, but it's the most I've been able to put together in a long long time, and it feels awesome!

Yesterday was a really tough day emotionally and mentally. I woke up angry and irritable. I couldn't seem to stop myself from being mean and b*tchy to everyone around me, and then feeling so guilty about acting that way that I was crying - up and down emotionally/mentally, etc.

It felt like everything was working against me, and all of the "little things" that could go wrong, did. Everything from my morning coffee order being incorrect, to issues at work, to slicing my finger chopping vegetables, to getting stuck in a huge traffic jam for an hour and being late for my yoga class, to having a terrible yoga class because I couldn't get out of my head, to fighting with my fiance, etc. etc. - all minor things in the big picture, but all excuses to feed my self pity and resentment (also feeding my addiction & desire to drink). It was just ONE OF "THOSE DAYS". (I'm sure you can all relate). But I made it through, sober.

Today I woke up, and not only did the morning coffee place get my coffee right, but the person in front of my paid for my order! Then, I received some nice morning words and gratitude from a co-worker. I was able to give some support to a close friend who is currently relapsing. I got to work nice & early and it's been a productive day so far. I am just feeling great overall. SO grateful that I made it through a tough day and ended that day with a sober head on my pillow, and woke up hangoverless and guilt-free this morning

So anybody who's having a tough day - stick it out - I know it's tough but so worth it!
Old 03-07-2014, 07:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you're doing well! Remember, it takes awhile for our minds and bodies to start to regulate themselves. Your emotions coming back strong is not abnormal. Think about the main reason we use, it's to cover up emotions in one form or another.
I just try to focus on getting through today. Who knows what tomorrow will bring or if I'll even be alive to see it.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nice post, good for you!
Yes, it does get better. We have to be prepared to work hard though, and find healthy ways to cope with the ups and downs that the early days bring. It is so worth it!
I can really relate to your terrible yoga class experience!
Old 03-07-2014, 07:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

19 days is awesome, way to go! I really needed to read a post like this today, as it's only 9am and I'm already having one of "those days" so thank you : )