Notices

Crazy train - March 6

Old 03-06-2014, 06:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Crazy train - March 6

I got back on the crazy train, of addiction and I've been riding it for the last few months. And it's just like I left it. Maybe worse. Except each time I slip I fall deeper into that hole. Each time it becomes harder to see the light.

It's not just about having that drink or choosing to use. It never ends at just one.

It's about being a person that chooses to bring good this world, instead of taking away and hiding within it.

It's about being a person who not just says but does. Set goals that will help you live a more balanced, peaceful and meaningful life.

Stop the endless string of lies, hurt, manipulation, deceit. Do not have that beer. Do not use that drug. These both lead to the afore mentioned aftermath.

Be a person you would like to spend your time with.

Stop running from your problems. Facing them head on builds character. This will not be easy, but the satisfaction you will feel will be worth it. You will become a stronger person.

See some positive in each day. Write down what you are grateful for today, because you have so much to be grateful for. Today I'm grateful for seeing things in a different light. For having a place like SR to come any hour of any day. Grateful I've been given another day to live a better life.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you get off the crazy train before it derails.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So do I, it's bound to happen. Feeling optimistic, ready to put the work into staying sober.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

if you have it inside of you...bring that beautiful person out to meet the world. its hard but worth it. you deserve it
Old 03-06-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

For me, getting sober was a lot of hard work that I had to do every day. It's beyond worth it though. I think all the goals you've stated are attainable. I can hear that sober person wanting to get out ... you can do this. Get a plan and get it rolling. We'll be here for you.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What's your plan?
Old 03-06-2014, 08:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The plan is to follow thru. I always set goals, but rarely follow thru on them.
I can feel when I'm starting to slip, I need to reach out either to SR, or go to a meeting or call a friend or family member or even just journal before i use or drink.
Also; regular exercise, daily meditation and writing down what I'm grateful for every evening all seem like attainable goals to help me get to a healthier place.