How can i get out of here!!

Old 03-06-2014, 10:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How can i get out of here!!

hey all, if you don't know me my name is Paul and I am a recovering alcoholic and I still live with my parents who are both alcoholics who drink every night.

I wont go into huge detail but I still live here because I fell ill 7 years ago with a anxiety and panic disorder and because of the atmosphere of the house I remain ill and cant get better, I cant move out because of money but in order to move on and get better I need to so what do I do? (I live in the UK btw)

I really feel backed into a wall and trapped im so ill here and trying to give up alcohol in this atmosphere is hell and my anxiety's is through the roof, I cant even see a future here as they are not keeping up with the rent so we will be chucked out soon anyway.

sorry for ranting but I really don't know what I should do, ive told every health professionals I have seen about my situation and they have suggested nothing and I have no friends to move in with so im guessing im screwed?
Old 03-06-2014, 11:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Paul, I want to hug you and make life better for you honey. You didn't deserve to be born to these circumstances,and I am so sorry sweetheart that I can think of nothing to help you out of your situation.
What I would say, is that I get the feeling you are quite isolated, both by your situation and your disorder. At least you have access to the internet. It is difficult to tell from your post if you are completely housebound by your anxiety disorder? If not, start going to AA meetings nearby, also seek help from any local branches of anxiety disorder charities. Usually advertised at your surgery. You can access free counselling, don't be told otherwise. Spend time on the threads here, there are others here with similar circumstances. It really does help to know you are not alone.

You have done nothing to deserve this, and I so hope there is a way you can find to turn your life around. Much love to you x