Notices

Breaking the vicious cycle!

Old 03-05-2014, 09:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Recovering

Question Breaking the vicious cycle!

Hi Guys,

Last week I went all week without drinking until posting here Friday afternoon and eventually cracking and leading to a BIG weekend.. So i've started of this week fresh again and whilst feeling pretty down on the past 3 days (I think mostly out of self guilt) I actually feel better today (day 4).

However I have a friends bucks party tomorrow night and i'm really debating wether to go. I remind myself how good it feels to feel sober and the devastating pain of being so hungover and having memory blackouts. Half of me says go and just drink coke and if anyone asks just say i'm taking a break from drinking however the other half is saying just stay home as if I have a few beers I might get carried away with my friends n go all night.

But this cycle goes around it seems I drink heavily do something stupid (e.g. get into a fight go home with some random girl) or I just keep going till I nearly pass out, I then wake up the next day feeling like S%*t and it takes me the rest of the week to recover. By the time I start feeling better I convince myself I just drank too much last time and I can go to the pub or out as long as I tone it down and only have a few. Which rarely happens..

Anyways any advices as I know tomorrow is gonna be decision day. I think I already know most of your answers lol
Old 03-05-2014, 09:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Think back to all the bucks parties you've been too Drknz...they're no place for someone trying to stay sober.

You'll be on what? Day 5?

Is you drinking Coke all night - and being ok with that - a reasonable assumption...or are you kidding yourself?

D
Old 03-05-2014, 09:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Recovering

I know what your saying Dee.. however I don't wanna disappoint my friend, I probably would drink coke at the start out of the night however I know that if I wasn't enjoying it as much as I would as if I was drinking then i'd probably have a beer. Soo it's either stay home n lock myself inside all weekend with no social life or go and risk breaking my streak, which is a streak I wanna keep as I've never gone more than a week without a drink.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by Drknz View Post
I don't wanna disappoint my friend
Ask yourself if this is a good enough reason to place your sobriety and your health in jeopardy.

Originally Posted by Drknz View Post
Soo it's either stay home n lock myself inside all weekend with no social life or go and risk breaking my streak...
Your terms of engagement are extreme and don't allow for other options. Are these truly your only two choices?
Old 03-05-2014, 10:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Recovering

I feel like it is sometimes EndGame as all my friends drink a lot and there social life revolves around it . So I may just distract myself with gym good games and movies lol