Notices

the girl behind the mask

Old 03-05-2014, 09:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

the girl behind the mask

we are in the month of March ... my usual "go to" for falling off.

Skateboarding girl, 12, is 'critical' after hit by car | SeacoastOnline.com

By Jennifer Feals

March 25, 2010 2:00 AM

EAST KINGSTON — A 12-year-old Cooperative Middle School student from East Kingston was listed in critical condition Wednesday night at a Massachusetts hospital after she was struck by a car while skateboarding late last week.

East Kingston police said the accident occurred just outside the girl's home at approximately 3:55 p.m. Thursday, March 18. Police Chief Reid Simpson said Emma ***** was on a RipStick — a modified skateboard — riding out of her driveway when she was hit by a Toyota Camry driven by 19-year-old *********, also of East Kingston.

Simpson said Emma receieved serious head injuries and was taken immediately to Exeter Hospital, then transported via helicopter to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.

Due to the seriousness of Emma's injuries, the State Police Technical Accident Reconstruction team from Troop A in Epping is conducting an investigation into the accident. The state trooper in charge of the investigation was not available for comment Wednesday.

Simpson said, pending the investigation, it is unknown if any charges will be filed related to the accident.

Sanborn Road is located in a well-populated residential area with a lot of children. With warm weather coming and children heading outside on bicycles, walking and more, Simpson cautioned all parents, children and drivers to be safe.

"Parents should talk to their children about staying away from the road and drivers should be extra cautious," he said.

Last edited by Dee74; 03-06-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I always read and reread the last quote by the chief, now retired for negligence due to an entirely separate matter.
"Parents should talk to their children about staying away from the road and drivers should be extra cautious," he said.
And, it always somehow makes feel feel as if I were to blame (I was sober and performed CPR on my daughter that day). But I wasn't [to blame]. Even though my mother blamed me for my daughter's accident ~one month after. Said Emma shouldn't have been allowed to ride her skate board (rip stick). Emma was 12 at the time, and an avid snowboarder, surfer, and "rip sticker".
Old 03-05-2014, 09:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Is this article of your daughter? This sounds like a very very hard thing to go through. I do hope that she is well today.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I can't imagine what you went through, and how the anniversary makes you feel. How is she today?

Like you said - you were sober that day thank god. You can stay sober today, too.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Mizzuno,
it is of my daughter. she is now 16 and recovered. it was nothing short of a miracle. she is doing beyond well. we are in family therapy, which helps. my mother is bipolar and, frankly just plain mean, which I am reminded of all the time.
Four-year anniversary of Em's accident ... all is good, except the memories
Old 03-05-2014, 09:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Adee, thank you for your reply. Em is wonderful ... I'm still working on it
Old 03-05-2014, 10:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Its very good news to hear that your daughter has recovered. Accidents can tear worlds apart. I hope that you will find a way to allow your mothers thoughts move through you and know that you, like all of us, did the best that you could in that time. It was an accident period. Not your fault. Not your daughters. These things can happen and i am sorry that you and your family went through such a situation.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so glad your daughter has recovered - I think it's time you allow yourself the same opportunity dasautobatgirl - the crisis is past, you can stand down now

if you're having trouble doing that I think counselling could be wonderful for you if you haven't tried it yet.

(I hope you don't mind I removed the link and pasted the piece here, removing your daughters and other peoples last names for her and your privacy)

D
Old 03-05-2014, 11:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Maybe it's time to let go of the pain? It wasn't your fault, and your little girl is just fine. Take care of yourself now. You have another chance, don't blow it on drinking.