Notices

low WBC and elevated pulse

Old 03-05-2014, 09:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

low WBC and elevated pulse

got myself landed in the hospital a couple weeks ago. had my liver checked for good measure and enzymes were not elevated significantly. in fact, within the correct levels.
however, the fact that I was concerned was concern enough.

Alcoholism is a real disease, yet we often ignore that. I wonder if I was diagnosed with a rare type of cancer that prohibited substances in order to live, would I comply? Like chocolate ... or alcohol, right?
Old 03-05-2014, 09:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's no doubt that abstinence helps my health enormously.
I hope you're feeling better Dasautobatgirl.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Agreed Batgirl. It's a disease. There is no other plausible explanation for why we continue to quite literally poison ourselves over and over, causing ourselves and loved ones so much suffering. I truly believe we are just scratching the surface with our understanding of genetics. I think one day, the genes underlying alcoholism will be discovered.

For me to just "decide" not to be an alcoholic is like telling me to change my eye color by wishing. I CAN decide not to drink...but from the get go, I think my body reacted to alcohol differently than a social drinker. To this day I look at them in complete bewilderment. I have no idea what the point of their drinking is. The thought of having one or two drinks never, ever appealed to me.