Notices

I like it here and battling with that voice..

Old 03-05-2014, 02:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I like it here and battling with that voice..

Wow, that voice. So so strong, telling me I am fine, break did me good, now let's get back on the horse!!! Telling me that 6-8 bottles of wine a week is fine!!! Blackouts can be avoided from now on....my husband won't REALlY mind(ahhhhh, yeah he will). Saw someone's vacation pics today, how will I enjoy vacations? Has to RSVP to a family sports banquet, last year I sat at table closest to the bar, how do I do that?? Invited to Easter at a vacation home with family, lots of eating and drinking.....****! My chest aches after today. How can I tell myself I am normal??? Only my husband and best friend know I am having problems. People depend on me to be the big drinker, the first one to rip it up, I am currently avoiding everything, don't know how to face it! I have been reading this site for hours and hours and it is a comforting thing for me.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!

Don't worry about things in the future, many of us would have a panic attack just thinking about that far ahead, all the social get togethers, occasions, weddings etc

All you need to focus on is 1 day at a time, TODAY is all that matters, are you drinking TODAY? no your not, so job well done!!

You just need to make it to bedtime each day and then you wake up tomorrow with another TODAY!!

Then when the time comes for a social event/vacation, that is the time to work out a plan to deal with it, but by then you'll be stronger having some Sober time behind you.

You can do this!!
Old 03-05-2014, 03:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

EJ - I am right there with you, girl. Down to the drink of choice, and how much of it I want, and the little voice telling me I can hide it from my husband and I 'deserve' it after holding out for so long.

I am heading to a big music festival for work at the end of the week and the voice is already telling me how I will need to drink to be able to schmooze it up. Ugh!
Old 03-05-2014, 03:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Come on Bumblebee you can do this! I'm going out to dinner tonight and am already thinking about the wine I want to drink, but then I remember how sick I felt detoxing and how much wasted money and time there was!
Old 03-05-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

"It is not the kill, it is the thrill of the chase." It lies to you EJ. Don't believe it.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yup, don't listen to it!! Welcome to SR!
Old 03-05-2014, 03:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good luck BumbleBee! That would be a day after puker for me!
Old 03-05-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good luck to you too EJ! I'm glad you are here!

Thanks lawgilr - I am not going to drink today, no matter how tough a day it is - I want my Day 5 tomorrow. It helps to post here with you guys and share. So thanks!
Old 03-05-2014, 03:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My husband is away and is usually the time I go for it! Volunteered for carpool and with three boys am busy, so I will not be drinking today and then will have 18 under my belt! 30 days for me will be on st Patricks day, the irony is not lost on me!!! Hang in all. Had two really bad days and today was an improvement, but not yet good.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on 18 days sober! Keep it up.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You are wise to take on carpooling or any responsibility that disallows drinking, EJ. Keep at it. It can be done!