Notices

Tough night

Old 03-05-2014, 02:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tough night

I'm only on day 1 and a bit but had a really rough night. Hot and cold sweats all night. Anxiousness. Couldn't sleep till 30 minutes before I had to get up. I hope things get better. It all seems very hard right now. Not hard saying away but hard learning about what kind of person I am when I'm not hungover or drunk.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there Looking...I had the same thing a month ago and it does get better.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Looking4Help123 View Post
I'm only on day 1 and a bit but had a really rough night. Hot and cold sweats all night. Anxiousness. Couldn't sleep till 30 minutes before I had to get up. I hope things get better. It all seems very hard right now. Not hard saying away but hard learning about what kind of person I am when I'm not hungover or drunk.
Last night was my first night going to bed sober in a few years. Did not sleep and had the cold chills as well. Hoping tonight goes better. I will say the day at work was much better.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through, things will get better as more and more time passes!!
Old 03-05-2014, 03:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

push through it. it does get better. the physical symptoms of withdrawal are uncomfortable. i had anxiety, sweats, felt shaky. lasted to some degree for up to a week. If it gets unbearable go to the doctor. I would recommend going anyway. They can help easing the symptoms.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The first several days usually are 'rough' but with more time you'll feel better.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I felt the same way. My first night was brutal. It does get a lot better. Just be patient. It will pass.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for that. I have kinda improved but I've been cranky and uptight all day with some big mood swings. It really helps at least now I know why.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

day one, ring the sheets out. Sweat. Sweat. Sweat. Ugh!!! My first time at 30 days, I sweated for almost a month. I changed my sheets so many days in a row at rehab, they thought I might be up to no good. This time, not so much. You can go to a DR for something that will help relieve those detox symptoms. It really helps. Blessings.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Stick with it! I'm just ending day 6. There are ups and downs but the general trend has been that each day is better. My day 1 was terrible and similar to yours. I felt much better yesterday evening. Felt good today but had a few rough hours tonight. Hang in there, it gets better.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey looking4help

I think it's very important for you to differentiate between how you feel right now and 'learning about what kind of person I am when I'm not hungover or drunk'.

This is day1/2. Very few of us feel good at this point,. Early recovery is rough - but it does get easier...you'll feel better, you see some benefit from staying sober and yeah, you will, in time, learn who you are sober...but maybe not just yet...

Try and be patient

D
Old 03-05-2014, 09:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

This is the part you simply survive. Post here for support - most everyone has been through some rough first days. We understand. It is going to get better.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I really had a lot of anxiety that first night. It wouldn't be overstating it to call it blind panic! When I turned out the lights to go to bed I felt like the walls were closing in on me and I couldn't breath. I don't recall ever being scared like that before. I realized that for the last 20 years or so I never really just "went to sleep"- more drank til I could pass out.

That part only lasted a couple days. It gets better, quickly.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:05 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hey looking4help

I think it's very important for you to differentiate between how you feel right now and 'learning about what kind of person I am when I'm not hungover or drunk'.

This is day1/2. Very few of us feel good at this point,. Early recovery is rough - but it does get easier...you'll feel better, you see some benefit from staying sober and yeah, you will, in time, learn who you are sober...but maybe not just yet...

Try and be patient

D
Hi Dee,

It was good to read I should separate the 2 things which I worked on in the afternoon.

Even just thinking about it today I guess I started to realise which relationships I had that were just plain achohol driven crazy. And which ones were genuine that I have lost forever.

I guess I am worried about realising not who I'll be but who I was for the last few years and how I'm not gonna get a lot of it back (work, relationships, financial security).

Ohwell, it's been a good day since, I came down off the low at around 2pm and actually felt a little exercise high at around 6.00.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:05 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's lots of time for all that kind of introspection. Get yourself well again first L4

D
Old 03-06-2014, 09:59 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi looking4help, stick with it, it really does get better, lots of help here at SRx
Old 03-06-2014, 11:14 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey looking, how you doing today?
Old 03-06-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi raider

Had a very emotional day yesterday. They were all over the place! Laughing bawling anger sadness. I just managed to get through my sober routine when I starting crying uncontrollably but got on to the chat room here and they cheered me up so I setup for the night. I had a very sweaty anxious sleepless night again last night but I think it was slightly better than the last so I'm going to call it a win.

My big test is coming up Friday night and Saturday night. I am scared about not getting through but am gonna try my hardest.

Thanks so much for asking!