He's getting released and I'm worried..

Old 03-05-2014, 11:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He's getting released and I'm worried..

So I found out just a little while ago, that my ex is going to be released from jail either today or tomorrow.. For the most part I feel ok, but there is this lingering feeling of worriment.. I have talked to him a few times while he was away and have told him that I cannot be in a relationship with him or anyone else for that matter and that I am building a relationship with myself… He knows I am very active with Alanon and he also realized that he needs to work a program because of his addiction. Whatever he does, is none of my business, but I truly hope in my heart that he finds the help he needs to get sober, because I really do care about him.. I’m going to be real honest – For the short amount of time he was away, my life felt more serene, because I did not have to worry about what he was doing, answering his calls, etc.. (I’m sure some could relate) I know it sounds selfish, but I’m being honest.. Now that he is coming home, I really have to practice how to detach with love.. Although I told him I cannot be in a relationship and how I felt, now is when I need to do more practicing then preaching and that worries me  I continue to pray to my HP and ask him to show me his way, not mine and to give me the guidance and courage to get through whatever comes my way.. xoxo
Old 03-05-2014, 11:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You sound very grounded in your own recovery which is so good. And yes.....I would say that many of us can relate to your concerns. We all love and wish the best for our addicted loved ones.

You and your ex will be in my prayers.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 03-05-2014, 02:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It's times like this where it's good to have a program of recovery to lean on and live support as well. Stay close to your Al-anon friends, share your fears at the next meeting and do what you need to do to keep yourself balanced. That's what having a good recovery program is all about.

Hugs