Notices

Nightmare Day

Old 03-04-2014, 05:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nightmare Day

Sorry guys im not saying anything new here just really needed to vent. So im on day 5 today, which is the longest I've been sober in about a year and a half, day 3 or 4 are the days that i always always cave for wine since trying to get sober, mostly because i forget how bad drink makes me feel. I had a awful day 1 and day 2 where i was all sweaty and twitchy, vomiting even just water and feeling worse than id ever felt in my life. I thought right this is more than a hangover im really going to have to knock it on the head this time or im going to do some real damage. So I've been to the counselor to book an appointment and have had a complete holistic diet overhaul, because whilst drinking i was mostly living off take out food, and yesterday i felt amazing, so full of life and happiness. I stupidly thought id breezed it to sobriety. Then today emotionally im a complete mess! i feel so low, tearful and irritable as if i have bolts of nervous energy storing up in my chest until i explode. And deep sadness which is very out of character for me, im normally an anxious person but very positive. I've picked on my poor boyfriend for no reason, being moody and spiteful until he snapped and went to bed. Now just sitting here alone feeling nervous, guilty and anxious out my mind, worried about work, money, my liver, my relationship. Thinking that i don't deserve anything nice to happen to me anyway. I've not drank though, which i guess is something but i do feel like i was lured into a false sense of security yesterday and now im suffering! Xx
Old 03-04-2014, 05:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job on 5 Days khloe!!

Your body/mind will take time to adjust, the reality is we spent soo much time pouring alcohol into our bodies that everything won't just adjust over night, it'll take time, but you gotta be patient and not give in to having another drink, that'll set you back even further!!

Don't stress about things too much, everyone goes through a few rough days at the start!! persevere and you'll begin to see the real benefits of quitting alcohol!!

Keep pushing through!!
Old 03-04-2014, 06:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on 5 days!

Please try not to worry too much about the ups and downs. You can read all over this board how general the emotional rollercoaster is in early sobriety. Also, as you get more and more sobriety under your belt, you may realize that the ups and downs are simply part of normal, healthy human existence (note to self as well as I'm also quite a beginner, less than 2 months). You will learn how to deal with it on the go. For now, just try to focus on staying sober without questioning yourself very much.
Good luck!
Old 03-04-2014, 06:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Five days is barely out of withdrawal. Of course you're going to feel crappy sometimes. Give yourself more sober time for things to 'even out'. The bad moods don't last forever.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations Khloe!! I'm certainly no authority, but I start to get emotional about day 5 or 6 as well. Pitiful that I have been through this enough to know that. Things will get better.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Well done on 5 days. Keep battling through. it gets better xxxx
Old 03-05-2014, 12:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on five days, Khloe926! As others have said you're still really in the withdrawal phase so don't be surprised if you feel out of whack. But it gets better, it really does.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you for the kind words, today has been easier thank goodness! Xx
Old 03-05-2014, 10:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
AA member

Khloe,congratulations on your sober time.

Early sobriety is a roller coaster of emotions,good days and bad days.The longer you are sober the better it will get.