Notices

The pain will pass

Old 03-04-2014, 07:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The pain will pass

As I was taking my daughter to have minor surgery this morning, we were talking about her concerns. She was very anxious and nervous. I told her to try to remember that the pain will pass, that the other side will be so much better and she had to trust in that. It hit me right then that I had to practice what I was preaching when it came to my sobriety!!! The pain and anxiety will pass, it may not be easy, but my higher power will never leave me through any of it.

Have a great sober day everyone!
Old 03-04-2014, 07:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeap, almost every newcomer on SR arrives with a fear of the unknown and they repeatedly hear the words, "push through and things will be better on the other side", stated in hindsight by those that have tasted what the light at the end of the tunnel feels like.

But it's far from easy, though as seen with your daughter's surgery it's something that happens every day around us in life!!

Hope she is doing well!!
Old 03-04-2014, 08:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, the pain will pass. I remember, in the beginning months, how pained and horrified I felt over what had taken place in my life. I was literally astonished to see how much pain I was in. Not sure if it was normal, but I persevered. The pain subsided gradually each day. Today, If I allow myself to go into that pain, I feel something different. I acknowledge and move on. I feel stronger. Now that I know what I am truly capable of I can take that capability and put it into something positive. Great post. I wish your daughter a speedy recovery.