Notices

I am an alcoholic liar and my mea culpa is near

Old 03-03-2014, 06:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am an alcoholic liar and my mea culpa is near

Title says it all, I am an alcoholic liar, I lie to support my habit. I deceive and manipulate to achieve my ends. To boot I have a co addiction, gambling.

Today, I told my work I am on new medication and I can no longer drive for them because of the anxiety meds I can't drive for them anymore and their insurance won't cover me. I told them I am prepared to lose my job, I need the meds no matter what. To my suprise they are going to try and keep my job, and if I lose my job they are going to help me get unemployment.

Tonight, I made big step, I called my parents and told them your son is a gambling, drinking addict that has mental issues ( ie I hear **** that doesn't exist) and that I need help. I need help because I am at the end, and I requested they sit down and talk with me about my issues.

To my surprise they agreed, tomorrow we sit down and talk about my life and I ask for help. I am done lying tomorrow I tell them about lying to them stealing from them and deceiving them and ask them to help. I feel like the prodigal son. Yet, its possible they reject me.

I don't know what happens tomorrow, no way of telling, but for once in years I am going to tell them the truth. I am going to tell them I trying, but need help. I am going to tell them the absolute unadulterated truth. Fully ready and willing to except, I may very well end the relationship or get help! I don't know whats going to happen, but no matter WHAT I am going to tell the truth,

I guess this is a growing step, an adult man in his 30's admitting they are weak, a liar, an alcoholic, and a gambling addict. But the lies are over, wish me luck. More scared now then ever, tomorrow I gamble my future and possibly lose if they won't help.

Good night and thanks for reading
Old 03-03-2014, 06:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nice to meet you, DeliveryGuy. I recently came clean and asked for help from family and my doctor. Saying the words and feeling their care and support has made all the difference for me. Telling on yourself is hard, but it's so very freeing - it really breaks down a wall and opens up opportunity for change that I just couldn't see before.

Truth is amazing. I think most people have a few secrets and issues of some sort, and will understand your battles on some level.

Good luck and please post on how it went, your plans, and progress! ((hugs))
Old 03-03-2014, 06:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

Sending you love and hugs!
Old 03-03-2014, 06:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Closing the gates of Oblivion

Glad to see you back around. I send you strength to be truthful tomorrow and hope that you will get the help and support that you need.

I really want you to succeed and find the life that you are seeking. It is a struggle everyday both when we drink and when we want to stay sober.

Why not take the easy way out...sobriety. Best of luck Thatdeliveryguy!
Old 03-03-2014, 06:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I commend you for your honesty. While this is a hard step to take, you will find it worth it. I had found in my addiction, with all the lies I was telling others, the biggest lie I was giving was to myself. Keep us posted and best wishes for a new beginning.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome deliveryguy. For me, it felt so good to get it out in the open. I was so tired of all the lies, sneaking around, trying to keep my stories straight. We set ourselves free when we get sober - no more being trapped in a losing game. You can do it!
Old 03-03-2014, 07:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Thatdeliveryguy, rootin for ya.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Getting it out in the open is great thatdeliveryguy - and getting support is great too.

What are your plans for sober tho? what are you personally going to do?

D
Old 03-03-2014, 07:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I wish you the best. what you are doing is commendable...and a huge step to better things in your life.