Notices

Day 3....cleared a hurdle

Old 03-03-2014, 05:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3....cleared a hurdle

The heat was on earlier this afternoon as I suspected it would be. Day 1 I was hungover and didn't even like the thought of alcohol. Day 2 I was kind of on a high about deciding to quit drinking plus it was an "off" day in my binge pattern.

I knew when I went back to work it would get real. Usually when I leave the office at 4:30pm I walk by the liquor store and buy my fix for the evening. Around 4 I started to feel some strong cravings, and I really needed to post on this forum which wouldn't have been wise due to personal use of my office computer.

Along with the cravings I had this little voice inside telling me it wouldn't be so bad to just go ahead and indulge a little bit. Somehow I was able to push through it and walked home a different way that didn't go by the liquor store. By the time I was halfway home the cravings had subsided, and I knew I was going to be okay....for now.

I really need to figure out a way to get connected to this forum when I'm at work because I really needed the support there for a few minutes this afternoon.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Do you have a smartphone you could use to access the forum? Lots of people here use their phones to check in when away from home.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You could also clear the browsing history if you use a shared computer. If its a computer where you are on a shared network and perhaps someone monitoring, then I'd advise to stay away from the computer and use your phone as @least mentioned. There's actually an app for the iphone...
Old 03-03-2014, 08:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you made it Lance - even you weren't online you had a little bit of SR in ya

D
Old 03-03-2014, 08:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have an iPhone, so the app would be a great idea. Where do I find instructions on where to get it?
Old 03-03-2014, 08:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

If you open SR in safari, a banner should pop up at the top of the screen prompting you to download the app. I believe it is $0.99.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
RaleighSoxFan

Its awesome when u clear a hurdle! Courageous of you to stand by your conviction and let yourself make a proper choice instead of letting the bottle choose you. Welcome and good luck!