Courage To Change 03/02/14

Old 03-02-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change 03/02/14

One of the most helpful tools I've found in Al-Anon is Conference Approved Literature (CAL). It took me a long time to be willing to open up to other people, but from my first meeting, this wonderful literature has helped me learn to replace a long-established, negative way of thinking with a new, healthier, more positive approach to life and to love.
At first I used it only when I was in pain. Now I start every day off on a positive note by reading some piece of CAL with breakfast.
It is been especially helpful to me to "Think" about what I read and condense it into a sentence or two. I write this sentence on a 3 x 5 card and carry it with me throughout the day. Whenever I remember, I take out my card and read it. You wouldn't believe how many times it has brought a difficult situation into perspective, or offered me a different approach to a project or conversation I'm about to begin.

Today's Reminder

I have a wealth of information available to me which can help me grow ever freer from the effects of alcoholism on my thinking. Today I will make CAL a part of my routine by listening to a tape or by reading a pamphlet or chapter of a book.

"Daily readings of Al-Anon books and pamphlets opens our minds to the certainty of a better, more rewarding way of life. "

~This Is Al-Anon
Old 03-02-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

CAL [tm]

This message brought to you by Alanon Publishing Corporation. (c) 2014

------------------

ehhhh. Reminds me of Girl Scout cookies.

Baked by Little Elves in a Hollow Tree.

------------------

Before the Alanon Gestapo starts filling up my inbox . . . yes, I do truly, sincerely, love, love, love Alanon with ALL my heart, soul and mind . . . but can we really not find a better way to make a living?