Notices

Taper completed.....

Old 02-28-2014, 11:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Taper completed.....

I told many of you I was going to go on a 3 day taper schedule in order to decrease my changes of having unpleasant side effects...

Well I completed that taper last night... with only 3.5 beers drunk very slowly...

Today was my first full 24 hours sober....and I'm not really having any withdrawal effects.....

Old 02-28-2014, 11:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're doing ok Serper.
Congrats on day one

D
Old 02-28-2014, 11:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Maybe some minor sweating when I was walking home from work.... could have been from the walk...but most likely due to withdrawal because my back got soaked and I don't sweat that much normally.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Congrats on Day 1 Serper!
Old 03-01-2014, 01:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welcome to soberland xxxxxx
Old 03-01-2014, 05:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on the first of many sober days!
Old 03-01-2014, 08:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Day one!!! Yay!!!!!
Old 03-01-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
Day one!!! Yay!!!!!

Technicallly it's day 2 now...and I feel amazing... got a hold of some benzos.... so last night when it was tough and i was anxious....popped one ...and slept like a king.....this morning I dont see withdrawal symptoms to justify taking another benzo... so... my plan is not to take another one until tonight..
Old 03-01-2014, 08:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hopefully you won't need the drugs soon to sleep. Falling and staying asleep does get easier. Please be careful with benzos too as you can easily withdraw from them as well. You do not want to be experiencing withdrawals from two substances at once. That would be horrible!!!
Old 03-01-2014, 08:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FlygirlJ View Post
Hopefully you won't need the drugs soon to sleep. Falling and staying asleep does get easier. Please be careful with benzos too as you can easily withdraw from them as well. You do not want to be experiencing withdrawals from two substances at once. That would be horrible!!!
Yeah I know... I'm only going to take them short term... I've never abused them and don't enjoy them like I do alcohol... then again, I've never taken more than one at at time...and I never will..
Old 03-01-2014, 08:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Are the benzos prescribed? Please be careful even if they are, it's very easy to become addicted to them instead of alcohol. I don't know first hand, but from what I've seen and read Benzo withdrawal can make alcohol withdrawal look like a walk in the park.

Onward to day 2!
Old 03-01-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Benzo withdrawal is horrible...I once ran out of a klonopin prescription and got dizzy, lightheaded, feeling like everything was going fuzzy, basically a blur. It's one of the primary reasons I decided to go off that stuff for good (and all Rx mood stabilizers for that matter)...even if it helped, the possibility of withdrawal from running out ever again was way worse to me. It can even kill you, causing seizures and such. No thank you.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Are the benzos prescribed? Please be careful even if they are, it's very easy to become addicted to them instead of alcohol. I don't know first hand, but from what I've seen and read Benzo withdrawal can make alcohol withdrawal look like a walk in the park.

Onward to day 2!

I was prescribed benzos for panic attacks for years before I ever started drinking.. I'm very experienced with them. I have so many, I'll probably never run out...they will expire before I use them up.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:38 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FlygirlJ View Post
Benzo withdrawal is horrible...I once ran out of a klonopin prescription and got dizzy, lightheaded, feeling like everything was going fuzzy, basically a blur. It's one of the primary reasons I decided to go off that stuff for good (and all Rx mood stabilizers for that matter)...even if it helped, the possibility of withdrawal from running out ever again was way worse to me. It can even kill you, causing seizures and such. No thank you.
Alcohol withdrawal can kill you too. If I drink today to treat the symptoms....Ill pry need 2 drinks....but I'll drink 10... and be at square one....if I need to take a benzo today...Ill pry only need 1....and I'll only take one... benzo withdrawal only occurs if you take them daily for a long time... just like drinking...
Old 03-01-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Serper2014 View Post
Alcohol withdrawal can kill you too. If I drink today to treat the symptoms....Ill pry need 2 drinks....but I'll drink 10... and be at square one....if I need to take a benzo today...Ill pry only need 1....and I'll only take one... benzo withdrawal only occurs if you take them daily for a long time... just like drinking...
I am merely suggesting you be careful and I understand the dangers of alcohol withdrawal intimately. Unsupervised withdrawal and self medicating with old benzos can be dangerous.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good for you, this is my chosen way of quitting, although my taper off whisky will be over quite a few days. I have gone from drinking 200-600ml down to 100ml from last Wendsday and so far so good. Each day has got better and better, felt great this morning. I had a bad night last Wendsday with hot sweats and lack of sleep my first night but since nothing much at all, this morning felt like my old self.

Take one step at a time, tread careful, good luck x